the boys at the gates

marra watson

Reaction score
1385867_720847384596845_830579361_n.jpg

Ha, marra?
Havent heard that in a good long time eh?
They dont speak like that in europe, ha!

Where you from lad?

Few C & D boys doing the ventilation not getting paid the proper rate, went out on strike this morning, rest of the site went out with them to support them

Few C & D boys doing the ventilation not getting paid the proper rate, went out on strike this morning, rest of the site went out with them to support them
good good that what this industry is lacking not just scaffs sticking but all trades hope non cross the fuking piket

respect to the lads!!!that's what these sights and country need men with backbone yes yes yes men are killing the trade French ave the right idear hope you get your proper rate

Good to see lads standing up for their rights and beliefs, instead of bending over and saying yes sir all the way sir, i like it like that sir.

Everyone went back to site today, C&D lads are all now on the correct rate and are receiving all backdated money owed to them

well done to all concerned
its amazing what the working man can achieve when they stick together;)

the people at grangemouth are mostly the production workers,the contractors (scaffs,laggers,welders etc) are Generally staunch regarding picketts etc.
we dont get the same perks as the main client.;)

the people at grangemouth are mostly the production workers,the contractors (scaffs,laggers,welders etc) are Generally staunch regarding picketts etc.
we dont get the same perks as the main client.;)
Yes as happy says , inious all production ops , been wrapped up in cotton wool for years , but treated with total contempt with bully boy tactics , but the real victims here are the contractors , scaffs , laggers , riggers who never got a mention in the national media just before Xmas ,, fuckin disgrace !!!

Just hope this shows the way forward for the lads at grangemouth.

55.000 the basic wage up there how much more they want lol!!! hope holiday was good den just back in time for mondays hurrican 90 mph winds:laugh:

I personally dont have a lot of time for the operators and maintenance men who work for the company
as a contractor i have been treated with the upmost ignorance offshore and on by these waankers who thought they were better than me because of the pensions etc.
BUT I WILL NEVER CROSS A PICKET LINE AS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE;)

Why not lad? they would do it to you.
Operators from my experience are the most utter ignorant people ive come across offshore.

Rough hook up 80s just before chrimbo,ultimatum from Management (Jack Tighes)Scaffs return to work under our terms & Sh*te conditions or choppers will be arranged.

Majority of us stuck the fingers up and had a jolly at humberside airport Bar.(extortinate Prices)
Minority of scaffs who remained (needs must choice) good luck ce la vie
Unemployed but still had a good christmas with family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom