thats how to alter a lift

marra watson

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTTpH2vHyE]Scaffolding Drop Funny - YouTube[/ame]

Always check n drop,then bill for a strip and re'erect marra,keep up lad lol:)

can not see the point in a strip and re erect it boggles me heed in like

It's win win marra,scaffs get it easy and the gaffer gets to put an inflated bill in,and the agent thinks feck,them lads are quick:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

The best ones are the ones that don't drop under their own weight and you get to jump up and down on them to make em av it,lol:smile1:

It's win win marra,scaffs get it easy and the gaffer gets to put an inflated bill in,and the agent thinks feck,them lads are quick:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

The best ones are the ones that don't drop under their own weight and you get to jump up and down on them to make em av it,lol:smile1:

Aye and smash yer fecking knees when it goes from under you....ouch.

done that once the very first time chrage hand said ocme jump on this wid me chimney had been uilt but didnt need dashed so we dropped the tbale down 4 ft it dropped my got nearly put me back out lol never again since 90 of the time its bene unborded so no chance of getting ko by the dropping boards just trannys and leger and then drop ya font and bakc on to it strip them and leave ya gables because for some reaosn brikies didnt mind reachin to a full lift on the gables fek know why lol

Aye and smash yer fecking knees when it goes from under you....ouch.

Scaffy,we shouldn't discuss this on here,the powers that be will feckin ban it(their watching you know)seriously though,has anyone ever seen this practice documented as dangerous practice??we all know it is and not to be done in front of agents ect,ect,but long may the check n drop live I say:D

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

done that once the very first time chrage hand said ocme jump on this wid me chimney had been uilt but didnt need dashed so we dropped the tbale down 4 ft it dropped my got nearly put me back out lol never again since 90 of the time its bene unborded so no chance of getting ko by the dropping boards just trannys and leger and then drop ya font and bakc on to it strip them and leave ya gables because for some reaosn brikies didnt mind reachin to a full lift on the gables fek know why lol

Marra,they go down great when fully boarded mate,it's the future lol,and there's a knack to being on top of it when it drops,just bend them knees lad hehe,this was a daily thing back in the day,not advisable with sticky's though:eek:

Blame that fecking marra, im just adding to it..

But yeah long live the shunt.

Doing a drop with easy fix is even better.

WOW,that brings back memories,never done it myself but remember when I first started out used to see my old man and his mates do this loads of times and rake in the cash as a strike n re-erect.

to be honest lee iam surprised we can still do this with all the health & safety about but it makes a good job an knock for fridays

Always find it easier to stand up on the lift for the last few, works like a dream especially if you're trannies are off the wall already,pricework specials gotta love em :D
And who am I kidding pricework.....fukin eaves on new builds extending down with long facias into the lift, pulled me out the sh1t a few times this....if you can get away with it drop it by a level ...your bottom handrail becomes the top

Last edited:
Top Bottom