tg2013

bigfish

Reaction score
Anyone know when the tg2013 comes into effect?and will a truss rack then fall outside of the design criteria?anyone got a design for a truss rack fella's?

Face book says there e book for TG 2013 is available for download very soon

I must be out of touch BF whats a truss rack?

A giants chair fred,usually a 20x20 two lift birdcage with a kicker lift and the second lift about a metre above that and the standards on one side carry on up about 4m then rakered back,this is then used to store and stack upright roof trusses,it also keeps them off the floor and out of the mud and easy to access them with machines............

Thanks BF. Always learning in this game. Mind you the last time I was involved in house building the chippies used to make the roof from timber on site!!!

The old hand cut roof is a rare thing nowadays,much cheaper to prefabricate the truss's in a factory,in fact I wonder if the younger generation of joiners can even hand cut a roof?another dying art maybe?

The old hand cut roof is a rare thing nowadays,much cheaper to prefabricate the truss's in a factory,in fact I wonder if the younger generation of joiners can even hand cut a roof?another dying art maybe?

Yes so much is prefabricated these days. The younger generation of scaffolders would be fecked without prefabricated beams and they wouldn't know where to start with a flying shore.I suppose thats why system is becoming so popular as it takes away the need for thought.;)

I doubt the TG 20-13 updates will be out before the end of the year due to the BSEN 12811-2 up date not due out to end of September. The standard must come first before the guidance.

That's a good question BF, I know the birdscage is within the guidance and I would have thought as long as your weights were in scope you would be fine. As usual, I could be very wrong but the way I saw it was as long as you could follow a tie pattern exactly pretty much anything was a goer.

Why don't they just bang the trusses on top of the containers like they usually do?

well wot the f uck u on about its friday night 4 f uck sake ye ha

That's a good question BF, I know the birdscage is within the guidance and I would have thought as long as your weights were in scope you would be fine. As usual, I could be very wrong but the way I saw it was as long as you could follow a tie pattern exactly pretty much anything was a goer.

Why don't they just bang the trusses on top of the containers like they usually do?

No ties aom as free standing,i wish they would just stack them on top of containers but it's company policy to handle the trusses with kid gloves,anyway the safety officer wants to see a design,i wonder if he'll still want one when I tell him the cost,he hasn't asked for one for any of the loading bays or the untied seven lift progressive brickie lifts that they wont let us tie into their new brickwork,aw well,monday brings a new week lol

Yeah, and new problems. Not so bad as long as they are paying for the design I suppose. The new tg13 thing is very reliant on ties and tie pattern, any deviation will require a design, no room for plan bracing between or anything like that.

And that's why I stick to street work on the 'side earners'.

SPANNER HAVE TO DISAGREE WHEN EVRE I AM USING SYSTEM I TEND TO THINK MORE
ITS GENERALLY WHAT THE FECK AM I DOING HERE
THIS JOBS ****
I HATE THIS CRAP WERE ARE ALL THE COMPONENTS THEY SHOW YOU IN THE MANUAL
FECK THIS FOR A LAUGH
I NEED TO BRING THE PHONE FROM THE CAR THE PARTYS OVER :mad:

Top Bottom