TG20:14 ledger bracing

apparently so but must be at every standard not sure why but thinkit looks crap to be honest.

don't know about that hswt I thought it was 300ml node points from working lift too progressive lift personally nothing surprises me now with these nasc priks but there will be some catch somewhere along the line like increasing the volume of ties if its not broke don't fix it

Is true, tg:13 is a pile of crap!! It's going to change to suit which ever scaffold governor is presedent of nasc at time of print!

Did see this in a design a few years ago. As previously stated, at every standard. Think this was for wheel barrow access.

Normally done out on the street for 3 m lift heights...

It was common place at one time, did it on SGB for years as stated in an earlier post it suits barrow access.
This was covered in BS5973 10.2
"Ledger bracing from the inside ledger to the guardrail level of the lift below may be used provided that every pair of standards is so braced instead of every alternate pair".

It was also covered in TG20 6.2, paragraph 4
"Ledger bracing from the inside ledger to the principle Guardrail level of the lift below may be used on unclad fully boarded scaffolds provided that every pair of standards is so braced instead of every alternate pair".

NOTE the inclusion of UNCLAD

I can't believe they show the base out braced outwards, ridiculous.

I can't believe they show , the base out braced outwards, ridiculous.

i was allways telt brace it that way weight transfer down the standards to inside standards, reason i was told this was because it it were to fall in side would hit the building if it was to fall on the out side legs it would hit the road .

I can't believe they show the base out braced outwards, ridiculous.

Whys it ridiculous...not only does it make no difference but sometimes is alot easier than trying to squeeze them into a restricted area.

It was already included in previous tg's it not new.

There is nothing in TG20:13 pocket book to say ledger bracing can go down to the top handrail, in fact in every diagram it shows it as normal, ie down to the standard within 300 of the node.

Top Bottom