Terms and conditions.

aom

Reaction score
Just thought I would give some a heads up, although it's probably just me who is a bit behind.

We have always just had on our estimates that the offer is for our terms and conditions but never included them as part of the estimate. It turns out, that means that they are not automatically incorporated into the offer and can be easily challenged.

The standard, can be seen on request is useless.

Just thought I would give some a heads up, although it's probably just me who is a bit behind.

We have always just had on our estimates that the offer is for our terms and conditions but never included them as part of the estimate. It turns out, that means that they are not automatically incorporated into the offer and can be easily challenged.

The standard, can be seen on request is useless.

Standard practice is to add your clauses as a quote item.

shouldn't all this be submitted on your quote aom

You can put whatever you want in a quote.

It's what is included in the order that counts.

Most sub contracts will have clauses and conditions lined out.

Thx for the heads up Al but as a matter of fact we put ours in with the estimate starting on the reverse of the page that has the final price on it - in grey scale &dropped down in font size to fit so no one can say theyve not recieved it, the final t&c is that "issue of a order of works is a cofirmation of exceptance without predjudice or change of our exhisting terms & conditions unless otherwise negotiated & in writing from ourselves"

I never bothered before as most orders come with the clients t&c. I will need to include them in future and remove the seen on request thing.

I think most differences can be ironed out from the prelim/pre start meeting. Although tbh a few years back due to one awkward potential client we started to send the client our copy of the minutes from this meeting & we now do this all the time as standard....it just keeps everyone up to date & in final agreement as well as having something to wave at the judge along with the rest of ur paperwork trail should u ever need it

Top Bottom