Temporary roof

twirler

Reaction score
Try and help me out here boys.Got to get a quote in, in a couple of weeks time for a fair sized bungalow thats being taken up another two stories.Floor to gutter at the moment is about 2.5mts, the job when finished to top of the gables will be aprox 12mts. The guy indoors wants to live in the place while work
continues,so the whole lot has got to be sheeted. So we're looking at aprox 12x16x12x16 with a sheeted height of around 14mts.Theres going to be a hell of a lot of gear going into this and i've told my customer its got to be designed and use scaffwrap or similar to make it water tight(ish).Can't risk my PLI using Monarflex etc.Whats the best roofing system for a span like this? Scaffwrap will supply and fit for £8/m2 +vat.Want to know your thoughts on this.Cheers

which ever roof system you decide on its going to be one big windsail until the structure is built. lots of anchors needed.

I'm intrigued too, I can't help you on the advice but I'd love to know more of the spec on such a job - I'm imagining in situ - as it's already built in, there will be a struggle for ties, the kentlidge would be enormous so I'm guessing some heavy engineering from concrete pads/ bases cos as Binthere just mentioned, that is some sail you're about to create. I can only say Haki and Layer have the best prefabricated roof systems I've seen, but there'll be better placed people to advise on that than me - good luck

the real question is whether you intend to purchase the system or hire it.

Personally i rate the ASP Combisafe roof system, they call it UBIX, however the span is not that great so all the light weight systems will do the job, depend on where you get your kit from i suppose

As scaffdar said that is some sail how much space have you got around the building?

My recommendation that you get yourself a good engineer on board before you go giving any prices, the kentledge is going to be huge and i suspect well beyond putting a load of gear on a kicker lift, assuming you have a load of spare kit.

good luck and post some pictures when you get it built should be quite impressive.

give philliosmaxmius a shout he will put you right

I guess once he gets the price he will move out instead whilst the work is carried out

cheers mate,When he gets the price he'll think its a lot cheaper to buy a 3 storey house,
can,t weigh it up myself.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

the real question is whether you intend to purchase the system or hire it.

Personally i rate the ASP Combisafe roof system, they call it UBIX, however the span is not that great so all the light weight systems will do the job, depend on where you get your kit from i suppose

As scaffdar said that is some sail how much space have you got around the building?

My recommendation that you get yourself a good engineer on board before you go giving any prices, the kentledge is going to be huge and i suspect well beyond putting a load of gear on a kicker lift, assuming you have a load of spare kit.

good luck and post some pictures when you get it built should be quite impressive.
Probably hire it Steve,space is ok on three sides,but 4+1 on one side.Getting a engineer on board on monday to pick his brains on a site visit.

Sounds like one hell of a free standing wind sail , gonna need a shed load of kit it that .

I'm intrigued by this too.

You've already had some good and sensible advice, which I think is very relevant, but here's another idea:

Get as much up front from the man who wants to stay living there as work progresses and see if you can check on his mental health.

He may be a nutter :idea:

CharlieSpanner.gif

Top Bottom