temporary roof price

goulda

Reaction score
we are erecting a temporary roof 24m x 13m, 5 2m lifts plus the roof.

The roof is being erected on the ground and lifted up in four sections we have had to put a buttress back and front 3 lifts rakered to the 4th lift.

we have a 160 mile round trip each day 1 van plus lorry

the price for the job is £11,750 and a further £352 per week after 20 weeks and the scaffold will be up for approx 1 year

seems a very low price to me anyone any idea if it is a good or bad price

Where is the job? £11750 plus £11264 extra hire = £23014

near great yarmouth was a farmhouse where thatch caught fire

if the scaffold is up for a year correct price

id say 30k mate for a years rent , insurance job no doubt

The price is far to low, for what you are doing and the travel involved and your extra hire also needs a coat of looking at, between 25k and 30k would have been a more realistic price over the 20 weeks and around 1k pwa

FFS get a design, up for 1 year so close to the sea, It will get a bashing in the winter
back of a fag packet 24m x 13m x £85m2 = 27K

I would say £26k-£30k easy. Plus any design costs you will incur.

Pretty similar here too - £25 - £28K for 20 weeks normally charge 4.5% of initial price extra hire per week approx £1100 ish but would be a bit of haggling room in that if up for full year . Also need to allow for Drawing on top.

if you got no work and thats a job you thinks ok do it, if not say 20k and see what they say just haggle then bump the hirer up it will all work out in the end

we had one up last year for 8 weeks that was priced same as u around £12000, but sods law as soon as you put one up the wind arrives. We was there 3-4 times a week re-sheeting the sides and it was 100 miles away. Became a hell of an inconvenience. Doing it again I would be pricing closer 16-18k min but for a full year that could turn into a nightmare.

Another thing i didnt realise is how much back weight is needed if your going to a drawing, they wanted us to add 11 tons of weight to the first lift that in its self was a royal pain, serious overkill if you ask me

Top Bottom