Temporary Roof cost.

BFarnham

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having some roofing work done and the job has increased in size. Builders have now advised we need to put a temporary roof on. Can anyone give me a rough idea for the cost? Area covered is 11m x 12m and ridge height is 6m. Only need a ballpark really for my reassurance!

Obviously these things shouldn't make a difference but they do. I'm based in Surrey...

Any help appreciated.

We are working in farnham allready & based in basingstoke..pm me the address & i can allways pop over for you

I've had to price afew lately,whacked loads up in the past but never had to price them,I just priced the 4 sides as you would normal but at a slightly higher per meter rate to allow for aberdeens and plan bracing,then worked out how many days it would take to put the roof on and monoflexing the sides,then work out my day rate and times it.

Thats one way of doin i spose if it works for u happy days lolo

Out of interest how would u do it m8?? Price the temp roof that is lol

Right,first off is it a detached property?lets assume so,so you need to add 1.5 m to your dimensions all around,so 11mx12m becomes 14mx15m=210m2,so that's 210 m2 just for the lid,and at an average of say £30 per m2 that equates to £6,720,not cheap eh,the metreage rate will vary depending on where in the country you are,next you need to add the additional lift(s) to carry the roof at a rate that works in your area,say one additional lift = 58m at say £18 per metre = £1,044,next add your design costs,again this will vary but i'd say you wont be far off with £600,next you need to add all your ties and kentiledge,say another £400,and then add your monoflex costs if applicable maybe £300,all this is on top of what you charged for the initial 3 lifts around the house for the roof,tot that up and we get to £9,064,obviously rates will vary and i'm not saying there my rates either,but you'll get a good feel of how to price a temp roof,you've also got weekly inspection charges and rent on top of this,i'm assuming you know how to apply rental charges to such a job so I wont elaberate:cool:

3 x the price of the independent --wont be far wrong

Right,first off is it a detached property?lets assume so,so you need to add 1.5 m to your dimensions all around,so 11mx12m becomes 14mx15m=210m2,so that's 210 m2 just for the lid,and at an average of say £30 per m2 that equates to £6,720,not cheap eh,the metreage rate will vary depending on where in the country you are,next you need to add the additional lift(s) to carry the roof at a rate that works in your area,say one additional lift = 58m at say £18 per metre = £1,044,next add your design costs,again this will vary but i'd say you wont be far off with £600,next you n7eed to add all your ties and kentiledge,say another £400,and then add your monoflex costs if applicable maybe £300,all this is on top of what you charged for the initial 3 lifts around the house for the roof,tot that up and we get to £9,064,obviously rates will vary and i'm not saying there my rates either,but you'll get a good feel of how to price a temp roof,you've also got weekly inspection charges and rent on top of this,i'm assuming you know how to apply rental charges to such a job so I wont elaberate:cool:

Spot on the same + the FAF charges & any other sundry cost...but ur right they're expensive but there again a lot of kit & skill goes into one
Ps glad u typed that answer as my fat fingers would av taken ages to do it lolo

Just been out there & tbh the work required doesnt justify a roof - another case of a rip off builder scaremongering the client & trying to make more money...hopefully helped him out & pointed him in the right direction

Well done SP, nice one.

I hope nobody does the same to me right enough as I am currently trying to get a small roof down to an affordable rate for a client who is removing a whole roof from an old cottage and replacing it but relying on God to keep them dry for the 9 weeks it will be exposed to the elements. Got to be honest, if it stayed dry here for 9 days it would be a record.

I thick with the weather the way its been over the past couple of years more and more people will have them.

we seem to be getting more enquiries about them ,good when your quiet not so good when your busy they take time and staff.as for pricing pretty much same

When i get asked for a " guesstimate " for a temp roof i find that roof area in m2 x 60 is never too far off the mark ( based on standard 4-5 lift scaffold ).

Obviously increase/decrease the 60 dependant on height and ease of access etc.

Top Bottom