temp roofing, layher keder

agentk

Reaction score
hi, anybody out there using this system ?, is it successfull, is there a cheaper alternative ?

thanks in anticipation

we supply the ubix temporary roofing system from combisafe. Having used it on a variety of projects, would have to say its the dogs b*****ks

Obviously other systems are available on the market, and if layhers roof is anything like its scaffold i'm sure you will get a good system.

Last edited by a moderator:
we supply the ubix temporary roofing system from combisafe. Having used it on a variety of projects, would have to say its the dogs b*****ks

Obviously other systems are available on the market, and if layhers roof is anything like its scaffold i'm sure you will get a good system.

Yes totally agree with you on that, we had a town hall with a 42m span and our engineer couldnt come up with a design that worked [a bridge too far] you could say. We got another firm involved who used the ubix apex system and it was up in no time and looked the dogs b----ks.

42m span - fck thats a roof! some force being applied to your scaffold not surprised that your engineer didnt want to touch it...

We currently have Edinburgh high court wrapped in the ubix system. it comes in at 27m long x 37m wide - makes it the largest temporary roof we as a company have supplied in Scotland.

i used the ubix roof in croydon
it was unfortunate that ubix support for a company that had never used it before was very poor .admittedly the main ubix guy hurt his back and couldnt come out to us so our hands on experience was nil ...

we made sections up on the ground and craned them into place unbeknown to us we should have used some sort of restraints to stop the a frame spreading

it caused a problem where by when we went to join the sections together they just wouldnt fit we were days on just 4 sections one chap even told us we would have to take the sections down and start again !!! my firm lost money big time

a lot of guys swear by them and im sure they are brilliant but i would say get someone in who has used the system before so he can tell you how it goes and work with you
its not as easy as it looks

shrinkwrap and ally beams is what we use

used haki a few times very similar and looks the biz,
timthumb, next time you use it with a crane, use the longest chains you can, we had a 26m span, got the two chains to about 4m from each end then use a ratchet strap to take the p!ss out of the apex (stops it bending and snaking) fix into position, we also built the peak to take the first row, do the same with next row and install ALL of the bracing and cross beams, leave the crane and straps in position, it stops it deflecting till you get it all wrapped up, do the next row in the same manner with cross beams and crane and continue, we got 12 rows in, in a shift (4 lads).
safety man was also there (first time we did it with the crane and MS was trial and error) and was over the moon with the technique,
still fukcing leaked a bit like.

haki rolling roof,found it to be top notch.not keen on haki but i cant take it away from their rolling roofs excellent.

42m span - fck thats a roof! some force being applied to your scaffold not surprised that your engineer didnt want to touch it...

We currently have Edinburgh high court wrapped in the ubix system. it comes in at 27m long x 37m wide - makes it the largest temporary roof we as a company have supplied in Scotland.

Any pictures?

I have on my camera aom, just need a bit of technical advice to get them transported on to here and ill show you this, what was an echinomical nightmare. The engineers design failed dismamally, it was an apex roof and all apex's dropped at different heights, the pairs buckled on lifting that was about the time the engineer decided to go on holiday. We got in DSL and a guy who dealt with these ubix roofs, dismantled our abortion and their guidance and our men erected it in no time at all, as i say outside standard to outside standard approx 42lm. Will post these pics.

AOM just tried that website, i cant pay in american dollars and havnt got the time to f---k about with all that, pm me an email address an ill mail the picture to you.

Gents

Anybody know where you can buy these at a reasonable price?

Attachments

• Haki Castor Wheel.doc
    25 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom