tax code

marra watson

Reaction score
should every 1's tax code be around 100L MINES STILL THE OLD 741L OR SOME WERE NEARA THAT ANY IDEAS WHY

Fecking ell marra 741 is old, im on 944. 1000 comes into force in april.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

You wont earn 10000 before tax mate, they divide it over the year.

Fecking ell marra 741 is old, im on 944. 1000 comes into force in april.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

You wont earn 10000 before tax mate, they divide it over the year.

thats exactly what i was thinking. have bene on it since i first got a wage packet. 4 or 5 year ago this means am intitled to a rebate then eh

Thanks Swifty for posting the link. And thanks Den for mentioning us too.

Marra... everyone is right. The new tax code from April (for basic rate) is 1000L. This will be for the tax year 2014 - 2015.

The code for 2013 - 2014 was 944L.

If you have never done a tax return before I am not sure why HMRC would have left you on 741L - yep that's about 4 years old. It should automatically be updated each year in accordance with whatever the new personal allowance will be.

For 2014 - 2015 the allowance will be £10000 before you need pay tax.

If you have nothing else going on with your tax liabilities (child benefit nowadays for example) then I would say you have been over paying tax and you should definitely be due something back.

You're welcome to call the office, speak to Chris or Ricky. They can check it out and see what's what.

ive been taxed 30% cis this week betertax rather than the normal 20% apparently the utr card hasn't been used since 2007 so it lays doorment until reactivated and theve changed the numbers ive been on the phone to inland revenue and they said this is normal.with the old 2007 card, ive also been paye for most of the year, as the tax year is near approaching is it worth me getting intouch with you to sort my tax out as most has been paye and we only have 5 weeks left is it worth each others time for such a short period many thanks

Get what you can kev, the feckers are quick enough taking it off us about time we returned the favour.

20% to sort your tax out sounds fair ive been self employed in the pass and ended owing the tax man money where i was blind yes some people and del boys charge cheaper but a leter throw leter box from tax man hurts exspecially when you dont exspect it. And theres no way out, 20% from a accountant thats registered sounds FAIR each to there own disco you go where you want but watch out for a leter on door mat it makes a large noise when it drops believe me ive been there,

As we say, anyone is welcome to call us for advice - its free... and as we have pointed out in the past (and not to start a big debate on it or flare anything up) even VLLB has been the recipient of free advice even though he clearly has a tax agent he could have asked - go figure!

We can't force anyone to use us, just like people choose to employ your skills or not.

dico, if you want to give the office a quick call and see what's best to do, then please do so - it'll cost you the price of the call! We are not in the business of wasting our time or anyone else's. If we think its something you can do yourself, we'll even talk you through it.

Thanks 400KV, and its true. There's a lot of cheaper agents out there. Whether they are doing things as HMRC expect is another matter and unfortunately their clients won't know until maybe a year or so later. If your agent is not asking for evidence to claims, then I'd be very wary. I'd also make sure they have a dedicated compliance service as part of what they charge you - just in case!

And to be completely clear, our fee for PAYE is actually 25%, which is still competitive to the leaders in the market. CIS is £99.99 + 15% of the refund (for each year we do). We have thought long and hard to come to these fee amounts, trying to suit all employment statuses.

Top Bottom