takeing thicks for granted

b-safe1

Reaction score
i know we all say about health and safety going to far, and we hear about scaffolders getting killed or injured at work, but today we whened to scaffold a house, for some roof work, when we got there, the chap in the house was in a wheel chair, got talking to him used to be a scaff, fell 6ft off a lift broke his back, when you speck to someone who was in the same game as you, and tells you how it happens, just make you think that bit more cause what happen to him, was the same thing we all do from time to time and not thick about it before we do it.

Worst thing is getting interrupted by someone, mobile etc, your tightening a fitting up, not looking while you talk to someone below and your spanner slips off the fitting .. next thing you could be on your arse on the deck....

Yep,stay on your toes lads,an accident is an unplanned event,hows lowestofte bsafe?
I use to have a pint at the newhouse a few years ago. Got family up there drink at the Norman Warrior these days.

YOUR NAME SAYS IT ALL B-SAFE.that was a sad story and probably spooked you and your squad but then again thats why our life insurance is so dear we are in a high risk trade.
never switch off

I think mobile phones should be Banned on site , they are a major distraction , and everytime you shout down for something the fu cking labourer is on facebook or rowing with his girlfriend

I think mobile phones should be Banned on site , they are a major distraction , and everytime you shout down for something the fu cking labourer is on facebook or rowing with his girlfriend

Mobile phones are banned on this project Big Phil.
Only Project, Construction and HSE managers are allowed intrinsically safe mobile phones.
If someone needs to be contacted or needs to make an urgent phone call they can use an old fashioned thing called a landline.
We managed years ago and i am sure we could again.
A mate of mine died in Holland when he fell off a scaffold when answering his mobile phone.

Easiest thing is to switch off your mobile apart from snap and dinner

Top Bottom