tailgate

dan-ger

Reaction score
does anybody know if its right that scaffold lorries are meant to have a tailgate. heard this today and dont know if its true

Not sure if is Law or not but we always make one from a couple of short boards , keeps the nosy traffic police from looking into your lorry

does anybody know if its right that scaffold lorries are meant to have a tailgate. heard this today and dont know if its true
I got done last year for not having a strap over tubes on back of lorry even know the boards were strapped and when I put a strap over tubes it wasn't good enough because there was gaps between some tubes a strap so I had to pack the gaps with sole boards and other stuff ,me also told me he was doing every scaff lorry he see like it ,so if your lorry is longer than 21 ft I would do what phill does or get £80 fine and lorry gets a good going over.

What will be next? supply a seat for the labourers

One of our lads got pulled over by VOSA for the usual " it must be dodgy ..... it`s a scaffold lorry " inspection last week , they told our driver that it will become a legal requirement by the end of this year for all vehicles carrying scaffolding to have tailgates or cages to stop materials from slipping off the back ...... 25 yrs and i`ve yet to see a tube slide off the back .

Top Bottom