Sway Braces

Reaction score
Hello Lads, Can any one enlighten me to this new trend of putting in flatter sway braces to accommodate the 2 bays contact ? shouldn't it still be 45 degrees, there or thereabouts & go through to 2 lifts or am I being prehistoric :confused:

welcome sackfolder i dont think it matters if you use a 10 foot tube on every lift or a 21 to catch 2 lifts as long as you cover enough bays in the length of the scaffold , i use a 21 on smaller jobs and a 10 on each end of longer jobs , all does the same thing in my eyes

isnt there something in TG20 that says two bays have to be covered ??
I know fuckall ??

Yeah, either single bay sway and plan at 8m
Or sway covering 2 bays over 2 lifts, shouldn't be 2 bays on same lift
Although you do see it !

isnt there something in TG20 that says two bays have to be covered ??
I know fuckall ??

Yep, and if you only sway across one bay (2 standard) you have to plan brace between 2 bays (3 standard) every 15 bays and every.. ooooo 5 lifts I think... like I would ever do that anyway, waste of tube.

Plan at 8m, every 4 lifts and every other sway or 12 bays. As above plan brace 2 bays

Well I wasnt far off... I think its a load of toss anyway. Like the ab transoms thing, fcukin do one. Just use band and plate every other pair of standards on the transom if you want it extra gucci.

What a load of b*llocks,whoever dreams this stuff up wants kicking off the same plane as abu katada,and our industry actualy endorses this sh*t,makes me wonder how we ever managed before these office bound idiots started interfeering:worried:

i was told the sway brace must now cover 3 standards,
the reason,
if 1 of the swivels fail, it still has the other 2 swivels to keep the sway doing its job.

Top Bottom