Swaledek Fall Prevention Platforms/Birdcage

Reaction score
Does anybody know of this product, have any for sale or even have seen any sat around in scaffold yards or building sites.

Looking to purchase parts or full kit.

Used it a few times, always got it from Generation.

Swaledek

Thank you I know Generation H & S has swaledek, but I am sure there will be a Scaffold company sat with old kit in back of there yard on on a site, in the corner of the site

Who did you put up Swaledek for ???

It was just a local company erecting timber frame and a few of their job's were so tight you couldn't get a crane near them so they had to drag roof trusses by hand over the kit and the decking filled the void perfectly, although they weren't too happy when we ripped out all their brace and the kit bulged in the middle.:embarrest: At least they now know how the scaffs feel.:cool:

We do more and more timber frame work, with Swaledek, on tight for space jobs, or with poor access into the buildings ,We are just starting to run a bit low on kit, we also have the odd time when other trades take out the odd legs out, to gain access, and then just leave it as it is arrrrrrrrr, its like when other trades move scaffold boards on scaffolds, aaaarrrrr

Yeah it's major league annoying, we liked the stuff and thought there was a good chance to make some extra cash. I nearly bought a load of it but now glad I didn't as after the recession hit demand dropped in our are anyway. I think the company I did it for hired a similar product from speedy which used the same plastic legs but with steel mesh decks, they must have got it for next too nothing for all we would have charged.

Info for this kit, would be appreciated, sick of installing soaking wet beanbags then moving them to the next plot, getting up to the eyes in **** for £20 a shot:sick:

Swaledek is our main plastic decking, we do have some Rhino Load Deck which is a steel style, I was told fall prevention is very big in Scotland area, and have a very big market for decking, as Trad deck have there main decking business in Scotland ,

Swaledek is our main plastic decking, we do have some Rhino Load Deck which is a steel style, I was told fall prevention is very big in Scotland area, and have a very big market for decking, as Trad deck have there main decking business in Scotland ,

Send me info and specs, see what i can do.
regards
Paddy

Good kit paddy, nicer job than the bean bag, can be a bit fiddley with all the small separate components and fixing the deck to the standard will put you to sleep but all in all a good system, you can make cash with it but at the time we were making more with the steel.

If you own the kit and try to keep away from hire bills, and look after the kit, then its easy then scaffold birdcages, and out date bean bags, as the been bags get so wet,and most have missing clips or full of mortar , and also the bean bags cant be worked off , who do you fit bean bags for at this time, not seen may fitted for some time my self ???

The Scaffold company's around Yorkshire are buy new battens like mad, for bird cages at £££££ so there no money in putting up the bird cages and also sometimes have to fix a frame to support the joists from floor to floor,and then down to the floor slab

Top Bottom