Support beneath slabs cutting

wisamwahba

Reaction score
Hello there, I am a new user here, just knew about the existance of such a forum. thank god!
I am asked to design the support below 6 levels of slabs going to be cut at e-joints to expand each slab span later.
Any Idea and references for the live and working loads that should be taken into consideration, other than slabs wheight.?
each slab thickness is 30 Cm.
Urgent please!

Last edited:
you need to know the method of forming the penetrations 1st.

my preferred method is is to prop the slab on a double deck of boards cut through it and then burst it, so no impact loads or vibration to worry about. But you need a detailed brief the demo boys would probably like to smash it up with a brock.

good luck!

"I am asked to design the support below 6 levels of slabs going to be cut at e-joints to expand each slab span later."

If you are a design engineer, get on with it :suspicious:

If you are not, as I suspect, you tell the guy that asked you to do the design to employ a competent person before you maim or kill somebody. :(

yeh, that's all right, but what I ment, is there any CODE OR REFERENCE to base my calculations on, or do it as simple as assuming live load of 250 kg per sq.m in addition to concrete load.. etc.

Thank you assistance

I think Rigger hit the nail on the head, if you dont know the codes you should be working to this job is beyond you, get a consultant involved before someone get hurt. Anyway who ever is asking you to do this should have given you a design brief detailing the process.

No disrespect intended wisamwahba but as others have said, if you are a design engineer you should know the facts and figures. If you're not, then get someone who is to do your calcs and drawings.

Messing about with cutting out concrete slabs and guessing at the weight is only going to end in tears

Hello there, I am a new user here, just knew about the existance of such a forum. thank god!
I am asked to design the support below 6 levels of slabs going to be cut at e-joints to expand each slab span later.
Any Idea and references for the live and working loads that should be taken into consideration, other than slabs wheight.?
each slab thickness is 30 Cm.
Urgent please!

Maybe im being thick, but i dont really understand this question...

Exactly mate, incompetent design could result in accident,injuries or damage to property..........result..:sad2::sad2:

Totally agree.
Incompetent design = Serious damage/big expense or even deaths.

Glad your not doing any designs for me mate , i would have thought it was bread and butter to an engineer to know what he needs to calculate ?

Ok I get it.
but for curiosity, anyone has a peice of information here, before I google it somewhere else? and forget about engineering fears and competent persons, coz I think engineering has less than 5 % to do with scaffoldings.

I'd forget scaffold design mate, and stick to what you know...

Top Bottom