Supervisors/Simian

meercat

Reaction score
Would you as a scaffolder/ Auditor expect a supervisor to hold an Advanced card?

Would you as a scaffolder/ Auditor expect a supervisor to hold an Advanced card?

Normally yes but you are vague with your question I.e. what are you building, what sites, is it your site?

How about this then :-

Short time in the game (5-) with Advanced card ?
Old hand say 15+ years and a Basic card ?

For me the CISRS / NASC / CSCS have people worrying about cards and not the job

Just wanted to know if Simian looked at this as part of their site audits on large scaffolding contracts.

Should have an advanced cared and 15 years experience with at least 5 being in the same field as the work ie petrochemical etc.

exsperience all the way but!!! cisrs only see tickets shame they never see the ecitb ticket!!! as for different fields of scaffolding know where your comeing from havespanner

experience all the way i personally know quite a few supers with their basic card but have 20-25years in various fields of scaffolding,beats the newbie 5-7years in with his shiney gold card trying to tell us all how it should be done when pertinently they have done nowt or been nowhere,cape in particular use basic carded men for supervisors.

Experienced Basic card holders with more knowledge than a scroat with a gold card any day..

I've done the SSS 2 day course and I'm part 2 been scaffolding 10 years running a big job with 5 men plus me , what is worrying is the new apprentice system where 18 year old kids can go from nothing to part 2 in under 2 years

I've done the SSS 2 day course and I'm part 2 been scaffolding 10 years running a big job with 5 men plus me , what is worrying is the new apprentice system where 18 year old kids can go from nothing to part 2 in under 2 years

try running a job with 40 men with a valid scaffold ticket then going back to collage sitting a part 1 trainnee course. dont get me started on this trainning system we all know where your comeing from francoscaff the course time is too short but all the time these shareholders are getting help from the top it ante gana change!!!

try running a job with 40 men with a valid scaffold ticket then going back to collage sitting a part 1 trainnee course. dont get me started on this trainning system we all know where your comeing from francoscaff the course time is too short but all the time these shareholders are getting help from the top it ante gana change!!!

opens old wounds this kev eh your spot on mate they will be coming for the pre NVQS soon the lure of the dollar is too much for them.

The best supervisor / estimator I've ever met doesn't have a CISRS card just a very very very out of date ECITB card.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

And it's not you Kev:D

Top Bottom