Supervisor course

woodsie

Reaction score
Starting the supervisor course tomorrow do you have to take ppe and tools with you? The instructions given by e-mail is a generic one which apply to all courses ie part one, two, advanced n says you should take tools n all but with the supervisor I was under the impression it's more classroom based. Anyone done the course n have any tips of such, thanks.

Starting the supervisor course tomorrow do you have to take ppe and tools with you? The instructions given by e-mail is a generic one which apply to all courses ie part one, two, advanced n says you should take tools n all but with the supervisor I was under the impression it's more classroom based. Anyone done the course n have any tips of such, thanks.

Hi woodsie , where you doing it an how much was it ? Looking to get on one of these myself

Think it was £850 doing it at Birmingham. Then u got hotel cost fuel loss of earnings etc. £1500 should cover it. Anyone have any input about this course ie is it worth it lol

Does this course do much as to boost ur job prospects u think or is it just a bit of a money spinner?

If it's the five day cisrs scaffold superviser course,you wont need anything but yourself,when i did mine it was all classroom based(simian at warrington)and it was the most informative course i've done,definately worth doing,espescially if your a gaffer:cool:

I did mine at UTN and it was *****...

Any one landed any of these scaffold supervisor jobs abroad with the help of this card? Middle east, Africa, Asia pacific etc

Get the book and revise for the computer exam.. one lad failed on ours... lot of questions on CDM... nowt to do with scaffolding, exams not as easy as I thought... and its done via computer ..so no fiddling goes off...

Just take a apple for the instructor.

Yer pass anyway

I agree,but the course content was relevent and very usefull to me,and you get your training in toolbox talks,how to conduct an investigation after an accident or near miss,pull testing,amongst other things and of course,you cant supervise without a supervisers ticket,so i would say it's well worth doing........and you get another shiny gold card:laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Any one landed any of these scaffold supervisor jobs abroad with the help of this card? Middle east, Africa, Asia pacific etc

I doubt you would land one of these jobs without one:cool:

When i did my supervisor course it was 10 days a bircham newton,
computers where not in use then.

More should fail on theses scaffolding courses in my time i have lost count the number i sent back to the depot/ yard

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Or yes you can supervisor without this card

i no loads who have not

The bloke who ran ours was not interested and should retire... learnt fu.ck all and a waste of company money, others seem to have had a better course, so depends where you do it I suppose...

Thanks for the input i'Ll post a review in a week when completed with a pass hopefully. Lol

You will also have to do supervisor touch screen test to be able to apply for your card once you have passed mate... That`s another £17.50 lol

Finished first day talked about health n safety, tool box talk tomorrow. Wish there was more to say but there u have it. Plenty of tea n free food.mm
Mm....food.

Just looked on csKills website to persuade the boss to put me on one Tomorrow an there isn't one listed at Birmingham for the next few months , the next ones in London on 19th march , anyone know where it is ?

Next Birmingham one is 28th may

Last edited:
Top Bottom