Superintendent in Oman

andyf8686

Reaction score
Have just had a call for a scaffolder that used to work on one of the barges in the field asking if I would send him any technical data on scaffolding as he is now the SUPERINTENDENT for a major in Oman.

This man only had a 3 day basis scaffolding course run by Cape East!!!! :mad:

How can Cape East run 3 day basic scaffolding courses and 3 day advance courses then hand out CITB certification ?????

How can Cape East run these courses and sign off the course as a CITB internal Verifier with a CITB reg number ????

The verifiers are not from the Uk and have never completed any training to the standards required to obtain the quaulifation under the CITB / CISRS system we all have to work to!!!

My understanding is CAPE EAST are on the CITB board ??????

How does it take 10 days training in the uk per course and many months to get NVQ completed for the UK work yet the CITB are happy for CAPE EAST to hand out certification in there name with out any proper regulation being followed?????

I remember a tread on here saying the CITB watch this forum and think forum mamber and the SCCR are like kids playing in the school yard !!!!!

Well answer me this if you have the balls to come on the forum !!!!!!!

WHAT IS THE STANDARD YOU ARE SETTING IN THE UK AND OVER SEA'S ?????
Why should the uk scaffold industry be held to ransom by the NASC \ CITB / CISRS if you are failing to maintain the standards els ware ???????
:mad:

:mad:

HSWT
Full CITB/ city and guilds lettering / CITB centre registration number / CITB verifiers reg numbers / ISO9001 ISO14001 OHSAS18001 system certification by SGS UK
Assessor CITB reg number
Internal Verifier CITB number

And states CAPE NVQ CENTRE

HSWT
Full CITB/ city and guilds lettering / CITB centre registration number / CITB verifiers reg numbers / ISO9001 ISO14001 OHSAS18001 system certification by SGS UK
Assessor CITB reg number
Internal Verifier CITB number

And states CAPE NVQ CENTRE

We had similar years ago. Basically it meant that the centre was approved by and registered with CITB.
It cant issue CISRS cards and any one attending the course may well have been assessed as having reached NVQ standard but would need to do the full training course system in the UK.
It still means companies will employ these people overseas as a cost cutting means. Takes away work from us travelling men and those who want to try working abroad.
Its what happened in Brunei the British scaffs set up a training centre passed all the Ibans etc then Shell employed the Ibans and ditched the Brits thus saving salaries and travel costs etc.

H I understand how it's working but Cape East are on the training board and they claim the course is the equivalent to the uk training by giving out CITB certs our cards used to be CITB until there brought out the touch screen test the CISRS don't do scaffolding they only control the cards
Or another way of looking at it Cape won't touch the lads with ECITB cards ?

I worked OMAN a couple of yrs ago ,running scaffolding managment courses, for a company out of ABU DHABI ,they where then working under the American Scaffolding reg,s,unless its changed the oil companies in Oman then only regonised OSHHA REGS

Thats what you get for 'investing' in foreign workers.
Not one of them are worth a toss...

But i guess that when you work or are prepared to work for 1/2 what a decent British guy wants, being a useless w@nker dont mean much anymore.

anyone got any data on a system called rapid shaw used in uae oman ? its a copy of kwikstage ? or does anyone have any links

RMD version of K Stage, rapidshore = formwork, rapidstage = access, trademarked names.

The usual components.

Celtic

I've been in the game a while (30yrs) I have all the UK Certification, CISRS, NVQ + Risk Assessment Training + All the certification for offshore oil and gas blah blah blah, I'm looking for an oversea's position as a supervisor, I have lots of experience both as a scaffolder and a supervisor.

Do you think one of the Cape East Courses would be to my advantage lol ???

double standards,whats the cisrs/citb/nasc playing at.
money before morals and safety by the sounds of it.
we all know the courses in this country are stretched out a wee bit,but to let an asian scaffolder get the same certification in more than half the time is a disgrace.
you could argue that it is racist,if it was the other way round it certainly would be called racist:mad:

watch it happy calling them RACIST smacks of RACISM in this fucked up countryno longer called GREAT BRITAIN,because that too would probably be racist.
i give up pass the halal burger which way to mecca,or willie hills:cry:

Top Bottom