Submarines

Fraser78

Reaction score
Wot do you think is best when scaffolding a fin on a submarine? Tube and fit or system?

Yeah think that! you don't have level anything after the base. So when you go for snack and the you come back and they trimmed 5 digrees you still run rest of the lifts in and it won't look like a ski slope on every lift. My mate still goes on about tube and fit!

so many submarine jokes i could tell... non printable here unfortunately.. lol.

I would always do it in T&F but don't think it can't be done in system. Seen a few done round our way in Helinsburgh but all were done using tube.

I've never worked on a sub,but done plenty of planes and it was always tube n fit,all ali though,nowadays they have ready made jigs they just wheel into place:cool:

I have done a few in cup lock and loads in tube but the new firm I work for insist on using easy fix transums. And they just won't buy the swivel jacks for cup lock!

Yeah I know but it takes to long using a tape all the time do you not think?

basic scaffolders thinking ,, it all starts in squares , the rest is bull ;]

basic dont sound very nice :eek:( but its true aint it it all starts wiv a square well oblone sort ov shape!!! and i spose im so used to using a tape i dont see it as takin any longer..

done quite a few in the 2 bases up here amd i would always say tube but then again i am biased when it come to traditional scaffolding ;)

Top Bottom