Subbing work

Clarey

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im in the process of starting a company and have most things sorted and have very good info and built up some good contacts.
BUT if i was to approach a bigger company to sub work off them how does it work? I.e payment? Percentage? If the company doesnt get paid will i still get paid?

Any info is good info boys

A) you sort rates or price each individual job before starting ( Expect late deliveries / collections of kit , Hidden Agenda,s and some crap )

B) If They Dont get paid, you still want paying but expect sob stories and excuses and trying to cut your money and probably late payment,s.

Unless They Actually go Bust then you get Fcuk all just a load of headache for nxt few month to sort out.

C) you will need to sort out payment terms with them .

Try stick to Stripping big lumps down If possible and you can make some decent money, Subbie Erecting is a Pain in the Ass.

Stay away from paid when paid clauses in the main contractors agreement with you, if he does not get paid neither do you and if you have worked a complete month for them it could add up to a lot of your money lost

I thought it was only council work was 90day invoice payment and anything else was 30days.

your probbly right ther most of out work is subbed thew some one eles from the council so pribbly right

There is no real set time scale for payment only what you can negotiate yourself. Most will try and get you to a 40-45 day wait to accommodate their own cash flow but it's illegal to hold anyone to a paid when paid scenario.

aom is correct paid when paid contracts were made illegal in the housing, construction and regeneration act.
i suggest you get a copy and read about payment terms, claims etc it might give you some valuable info.

I think it was Dandaps who posted a great link covering all the legal stuff for this, but unfortunately I can't remember where.

Monthly maximum i would look for weekly payments if you can get them but no more then end of every month if labour only to scaffold firms

Top Bottom