Street or site work?

Yorkshire Lee

Reaction score
Just wondering which you prefer,street work or site work?,having spent years working on building sites having set times for breakfast and lunch and knowing what time you finish I thought I was happy,now things have changed,having spent last few months working on the streets doing houses,shops etc floating around in the wagon having breaks when you fancy,no harnesses or hard hats,nobody watching to red card you,I have come to the conclusion that street work is miles better and i'm not even sure if I could even go back to site work,what you lads think?.

Thered nowt better than site work pal. especially the site im on, everything inside. Warm, dry and easy.

both have their good and bad side... street work, the worst being needing to go for a sh*t real bad... some ones guttering is going to get a chocolate log or two left in it.. or straight down a standard.. niiiiice...

Sod strikin one o your jobs longun.
Street bashing all day long.

Street work would be brilliant if it was`nt for joe public my god they can make it difficult for scaffs trying to earn their daily crust

What is it about Joe public that makes em think they can jump over a hard barrier to walk underneath a job? This was a while back, but some jakey boot got a doing from her man then jumped a barrier to lie beneath one of our jobs with a heed like a bag o knitting and a face like a melted welly. Just as well the cops knew the craic with her or it might have been difficult to explain.

We get that alot too pal. we do hsbc bank work on sundays, and we display our pavement permit we barrier our complete area and yet you still get some ttwat try and get through.Some people realy dont have common sence.

both have their good and bad side... street work, the worst being needing to go for a sh*t real bad... some ones guttering is going to get a chocolate log or two left in it.. or straight down a standard.. niiiiice...

Just prise open a window and use the karzi inside. You can also make tea and help yourself to biscuits.

Your missing out pal. we do hsbc banks on behave of interserve, and fuuck me you cant have a piiss without a meathod statement, let alone not wraribg your ppe.

Just wondering which you prefer,street work or site work?,having spent years working on building sites having set times for breakfast and lunch and knowing what time you finish I thought I was happy,now things have changed,having spent last few months working on the streets doing houses,shops etc floating around in the wagon having breaks when you fancy,no harnesses or hard hats,nobody watching to red card you,I have come to the conclusion that street work is miles better and i'm not even sure if I could even go back to site work,what you lads think?.

sounds good lee exspecially when its hot and youve got overalls glases boots hat harness extra but these jobs normally paye the beter money with premium rates weekends and after 2pm fridaysthe overtime kicks in!!! if i could earn the same on the street with shorts vest i would jump over yes safety has its place but some is just too much theses days mate

Aye pros the scaffolders and cons the feking gaffers street every time for the crack site for the coin

Top Bottom