Strange logic...

moanalot

Reaction score
At the moment round here they are going mad with all this insulation on council houses. the odd thing is half the council houses have either been scaffolded or are under scaffold but none of the local firms including us even got a look in.why would the council let their contractors bring in outside firms on such a large one off project probably knowing that most of the firms around here have no work and are struggling to pay their rent and rates and pay local lads wages to spend in their own city...is it a stupid power game the suits play or are they really just thick...

Has kind of a knock on effect though don't it...they don't care we don't care and so it goes...

was under the impression it was all british gas doing the works loads romanians on it round here look a smart finish untill you get close and knock on it a good hit with a football will pop the plaster not only that round here the gone roun eletric cables and soil pipe look dreadfull ow and top of windows isnt insulated and not up the eves

It dont work like that moanalot , its whos giving the biggest brown envelope that gets it . always has been and always will be ;)

they should use the two envelope system. the first holds a method proposal, RAMS and testimonials, which they compare for everyone. anyone who fails at this stage isn't considered further.. then for those that should be considered the envelopes containing costs and terms and conditions are opened and reviewed. Makes for a more level field and a better quality job!

You could phone them and ask why local companies arent considered. I suspect Phils right tho. To be a council contractor round here you would have to be prepared to wait months for payment, Thats ok if your gbg enough,but that brown envelope makes the wait worthwhile

Why would you think? Because some brown nose in the council office is getting very large brown envelopes from the scaffolding company

i could get a wall built or a bit of plastering or whatever for a fair price anywhere i go , why the councils employ these companies , i just dont know ,, its the middle man that does it i think , if it was like the old days and the foreman hired directly the work would be done in a quarter of the price and decent workin men could get a living . The building trade was raped by goverment long time ago when they realised they could ruin a good thing !The country if fooked lads , il take holland any day !

Because they are feckin cheap
Got called in a couple of months ago to price the same sort of project the scaff
firm on the job couldnt keep up, they were doing two jobs for the same firm and they were 300 miles apart!!!!!
Doing it all in one lift the estate was on a hill base lift was 10' one end and 14' the other, they gave me the other scaffs price to beat, fekin joke said no thanks and walked away.
Need a fekin cherry picker to put in that illegal base lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they are feckin cheap
Got called in a couple of months ago to price the same sort of project the scaff
firm on the job couldnt keep up, they were doing two jobs for the same firm and they were 300 miles apart!!!!!
Doing it all in one lift the estate was on a hill base lift was 10' one end and 14' the other, they gave me the other scaffs price to beat, fekin joke said no thanks and walked away.
Need a fekin cherry picker to put in that illegal base lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy 3 13ft boards form fence to wheely bin to wheelie bin to fence lol

Still not high enough I'M only 5'4":p

fek me lol youll need 4 wheelie bins 2 on top of each other ahahah lol nar that how the been fetting done here from fench toa bin to another bin to fence and againto another bin to another bin and to a fenc does the doubble block lol

I'me sure it's a silly game.they get you to go 50 miles that way and make them come 50 miles this way.i think it's just so they can make sure you don't make any money...not much chance outside of London that you can hope of getting any decent work on yer doorstep these days...

Same thing here,the building company that wins these jobs,remember they may well be several thousand property's in any one scheme,then sub out all the scaffolding works to company's like godiva,who in turn sub the works out to several local company's,prices are dictated and are tight so only local firms can make a go of it,no digs,small travel,give a good service and they'll give you as much work as you can handle;)

Same thing here,the building company that wins these jobs,remember they may well be several thousand property's in any one scheme,then sub out all the scaffolding works to company's like godiva,who in turn sub the works out to several local company's,prices are dictated and are tight so only local firms can make a go of it,no digs,small travel,give a good service and they'll give you as much work as you can handle;)

no wonder worlds in a mess with middle men takign a cut and doing fek all other than tendering it out again av always said be better if the goverment employed so many1,000 of each trade if i were pm ad have the word ressions taken out the feking book lol

Top Bottom