Stolen Kit from ebay

milonic

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought some tubes and fittings the other day from ebay. About 700 foot of random tube and about 150 fittings.

Quick glance it appeared OK but after closer inspection - some of the tubes are marked with: Property of NSS Scaffold, Stolen From Trad, Property of Malvern, Property of W&J Scaffold.

Quite a lot of clips have TH+S. Anybody know if these are OK or not?

Have I bought a load of dodgy gear?

What do you reckon I should do?

Demand refund, contact ebay or contact police?

Most second hand gear will be a mix of old stamped gear mate,you could check it out but to be honest its not like its all brand new stamped gear so likelyhood i would say is its just stuff accumulated over the years,or wait 3 weeks for a copper to turn up to tell you theres no way of tracing it,if theres smartwater or reg stamp on it maybe but your better off waiting for one of the boys who know more about this:confused:

At least two of these companies no longer exist,nss and w&j,though the kit is almost certainly stolen,the trouble is you will almost certainly end up with no kit and no money,unless you went through paypal which i doubt.....your call

Even some of the big suppliers sell second hand gear they bought. I have some with McAlpines stamped on it but it came from a lot I bought from a national supplier who in turn bought it from I trust McAlpines.:amazed:

Thanks guys,

I paid em through paypal so I am covered if the worst happens.

I would like to sell the stuff on after I've finished with it but need to know where I stand with future buyers.

Who are TH+S? - can't seem to find anything out about them. There are quite a few fittings with this on them.

TH & S Would probably be trad hire & sales. W & J were bought out quite a few years ago.

ALL Trads fittings have TH+S , anyone that buys from Trads will have that stamped on them , we sometimes buy second hand , and it all belonged to someone else once dont mean its stolen.
Best thing to do with it is slap it up against a wall and earn some money from it :)

Top Bottom