Steel Boards

Bobm

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am new to the forum and have joined to see if anyone can advise the best way to sell a product I have developed.
It a simply slip resistant steel board with simple clip fiting and release clips. Takes about 5 seconds per clip and two are used with each plank.

Ya.
Have you a product guide or something to show?

Welcome anyway.

Metal boards WTF next aint our job hard enough , Kwikform used metal boards and they was nasty when wet , or a metal splinter was a treat.
Post some photos so we can have a look , how long , wide , thick and heavy are they ?

hope it is nothing like the metal hook pans for cuplock.. each one ways the same as about 5 13ft boards...

if i know scaffolding,no one will be arsed to use them.the game legislated enough
without more training etc.
come xmas time,i can see them walking out the yard down to the scrappies.
i can see plenty of places where they wont be entertained,i.e.offshore/onshore
for sparking reasons thermal or electrical.
whats the weight of these things anyway?.is it half dozen to the 7.5 tonner lorry.
how do you saw one of these up to fit your scaffolds?.
i think you will have to invent a new form of scaffold to entertain your metal boards
good luck|.

then again.. metal PANS.. used in cuplock and other system scaffolds are good. weigh **** all and take a lot of weight.

Are these intended as an alternative to a normal 4m board?

We bought hundreds of steel boards for a job 5 yrs ago....
225mm wide and 38mm deep and all lengths I.e 13ft, 10ft, 8ft. Exactly the same as a normal board..
Bought them for a job that required fire proof boards.
They were stainless steel with checker plate on the top.
Slippy as fcuk when wet and double weight of a brand new board.(all needed lashing down as steel trannys and steel boards don't mix)

Scrapped them last month because they were European and sites wouldn't accept them as they werent machine tested to British standard.

Good luck with your 'new idea' but unless you have something different from the above, you will struggle to improove on wood

They have some in Australia that they will use on the Gorgon project. They are for work over water on the jettys. Apparently they are same thickness as a board, are fixed or tied to T&F transoms and have holes in. This means they can be left fixed to a scaffold during high tides etc.
Not see them but know some guys working there so will try and get some pictures.

Top Bottom