Starting up !!!!

kevscaff85

Reaction score
Hi lads ive bin scaffolding 12 years now and think its about time i started something up my self, any advise on setting up cheers

Was thinking 10k of kit and a lorry just a 2 man ban until we get more custom

Best advice do that and carry on working so you can still pay the bills.
,as most people will owe you money it takes time.

Yea i thought weekends and afew hours after work in the week , its just all the paper work like accounts and liabilty im not shaw about

Liability will be between 1 and 2 grand for starting up and you won't earn enough 2 be vat reg in 1st year unless you have a contract some where.you will need to get a utr number from the tax man as a sole trader any accountant will sort that for you then builders can stop you tax

My only advice would b dont rely on beinh paid straight away iv found even cash jobs im often waitin or chasin the money..if u can do ur own work at the w/e....

The job's on it's *rse in most area's at the moment,moanalot is a member from your area and i'm sure he was saying it was particulary grim in your area,having said that,you're going to be waiting a long time for it to get any better so just go for it;)

I find the worse payers are mates,it's as if they think cause your a mate it doesn't matter if they pay late,"it's ok,it's only John,he'll be ok for another month,I've he wants it he will ask" **** OFF and pay me,mate

Well I'm Birmingham and I seem to see a new wagon or pick up every other day. Must be more scaffold firms than jobs now.

Good luck and don't steal my customers :mad::D

Good luck with your venture.

There have actually been quite a few threads about starting up, with some great advice from the more seasoned scaffs here.

Regarding setting up accounts and tax stuff, you're welcome to give us a call for any advice and help. :)

Top Bottom