Starting up

steve30

Reaction score
Hi fellas

I am looking to return to the industry am setting up a ltd company to enable me to work for diiferant clients.
Some questions.

Do the big companies capes etc take you on the books or self employed.
What are the best courses to do to increase employabilaty iv got basic 2 card
hgv 1
doing ccsng saftey passport
first aid

Is it worth doing pts
Offshore is it viable to spend on the courses are they taking on
Any contact numbers for work would be greatfully recieved
Im based in somerset but willing to travel for the right money am willing to graft.
sorry for the rambling post but try to get up and running for the new year
Its a great forum glad i found it
cheers

Last edited:
Surprised this went unanswered Steve, must have been a busy night.

I take it you are talking about subbying for yourself rather than starting a firm for labour only? If that's the case it seems to be all umbrella companies rather than Ltd nowadays but Bettertax might be better to explain that one although I have seen a few links on here and a few seem to be working it quite well despite my reservations. What I do know the tax man will get a fair lump from you should you do decide to go Ltd and to be honest I wouldn't bother if you are sub-contracting as even the insurance you pay will rise dramatically.

As for cards and training, best way to find out is to get out there and see what the demand is, a bit of market research is probably in order, who knows what your local area might be short off. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Do the big companies capes etc take you on the books or self employed.

Capes,Hertel and Interserve you will only be on the books.:idea:

Only ever worked on the books for capes, c&d group etc. I'm subbing at the moment to inteserve but that's through an agency with an umbrella company for payments + all their full timers are all on the books.
Can't see how you will be better off as a limited company unless your are going to look at supplying labour to these types of companies.
Good luck. :smile1:

Cheers for all the info gents, yea it was looking at subbing il have a word with an accountant seewhat works out the best cheers

Hi Steve30

If you need any advice, we're happy to help. Just give us a call.

Top Bottom