Starting Out.

Brad Hassall

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Southsea Portsmouth - I would like to become a scaffolder. How is the best way to get started? Do I need to find someone to take me on as a labourer first and then do my tickets... Or, is there anything I should do first?

Cheers,

Brad.

If you are in Southsea mate, ask English Heritage who they use at Fort Cumberland. They will be very particular which firms they work with on their heritage sites in that area and should be able to advise you who to approach. Good luck!

First thing first get a cisrs card just so you can go on site,touch screen test on health and safety is about £35 and never be afraid to ask questions and read plenty on here and online
Knowledge is ammunition

Hi,

I live in Southsea Portsmouth - I would like to become a scaffolder. How is the best way to get started? Do I need to find someone to take me on as a labourer first and then do my tickets... Or, is there anything I should do first?

Cheers,

Brad.

You want to be a scaffolder? In that case welcome to the lost and the damned.

Get down the local yards and nag for a job. Keep at it and show enthusiasm as you'll need it to survive this game. If you get a job, be on time and show a willingness to learn as a bad reputation spreads like wildfire here.

Sorry, I booked the cscs test earlier today... I thought it was called cscs, but couldn't really remember.... and then another chap in the thread called it 'cisrs', so thought I had remembered it wrong - but, hadn't really. Thanks for clarification!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Look forward to having a chance to prove myself.

Good Luck Young Bradd, Stay Keen, Turn Up On Time, Listen To What Youre Chargehand Tells You And Do It. Keep Your Nose Clean And Youll Be Ok. Once Again Good Luck Kid

Good Luck Young Bradd, Stay Keen, Turn Up On Time, Listen To What Youre Chargehand Tells You And Do It. Keep Your Nose Clean And Youll Be Ok. Once Again Good Luck Kid

That's probably the best bit of advice you will ever get. Welcome to the Forum Brad.

Last edited:
Welcome Brad and good luck , Best advice i can give you dont try and run before you can walk , Listen to the charge hand , they are generally charge hands because they know their stuff , and keep your self safe , dont be bullied into doing something you really aint happy about , takes years to become a good scaffolder ;)

Welcome Brad and good luck , Best advice i can give you dont try and run before you can walk , Listen to the charge hand , they are generally charge hands because they know their stuff , and keep your self safe , dont be bullied into doing something you really aint happy about , takes years to become a good scaffolder ;)
listen to Phill Brad, he is a good guy!

Top Bottom