Starting out

scaffie bull

Reaction score
Hi lads in the early stages of starting out myself just looking for some advice on the best ways of advertiseing and getting the name out there

Get yourself a website and put the address on every bit of paper work , hand out business cards to everyone you meet , and writing a letter of introduction to potential customers like painters , roofers , builders etc etc can reap rewards sometimes , signboard everything you do , and sign write any vehicles you get, word of mouth is the best so make sure you always have cards on you and let people know you are in business.
Best of luck with it as it is a tough old road at times :)

Hi scaffie,

Always good advice from Phillio. If you need any help on the business set up, payroll, tax and stuff, give us a shout.

God luck!

good luck bud, hope all goes well for you, not easy as everyone thinks!!!

+1 on what phillo said. A few lesson I learned from my roofing business were, always have good quality business cards with you, these are generally your first point of contact with new customers so don't cut corners with these. A good van that's well signwritten gets you noticed as well as sign boards & don't make promises you can't keep.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. It's an old cliche but very true.
Good luck mate, hope it all goes well.

Phill is spot on but I can't remember who did this exactly but someone on here built a small tower in a builders merchants and seemed to get good results from that. Good luck whatever you decide.

Top Bottom