Started with new company and dont know what to do

stephenmc

Reaction score
Hi folks i have just started with a new company a few weeks ago, 2day i was on a site and there a hanger built off steel trusses every thing look grand a first, bout was doing a alteration on it and noticed a line of dropers were connected to ledgers with singles.I mention it to our foreman and ask should doubles not be used he said it was ok, I dont want to make a fuss as work is hard to get. What do you all think?
Thanks

I take it they were hanging from doubles? If they were could you not run Aberdeen's in below them? Not ideal and usually means there will be more faults to find but that would be my first attempt anyway, either that or just swap them out with doubles.

i'm thinking you need to step back for a minute and look at connection point of drop tubes, as the guys have said, it doesn't sound good my friend, and of course if you deem it unsafe stop what your doing and seek advice from the higher up's, no compromise on safety.

.... your saying the droppers are hanging on clips?? if thats so i would stay well away. even if there was a check fitting above the clip its still a wrong'un.

why would anyone put singles on a hanger ? surely someone must have noticed it before now , i would keep well away from any technical work on that site . Dont mind me asking Stephen but how long have you yourself been scaffolding , the reason i ask is if you have to ask on here if its ok to use clips on hangers then you shouldnt been doing any adaptions on this level of work.

That be this one General

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-PKUr_dnY&feature=related]Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running [Excellent(-) quality] (Live, 1966) - YouTube[/ame]

Hi folks i have just started with a new company a few weeks ago, 2day i was on a site and there a hanger built off steel trusses every thing look grand a first, bout was doing a alteration on it and noticed a line of dropers were connected to ledgers with singles.I mention it to our foreman and ask should doubles not be used he said it was ok, I dont want to make a fuss as work is hard to get. What do you all think?
Thanks

You absolutely CANNOT EVER EVER EVER use clips to hang a Scaffold from... ever... ever.

Ever.
Ever.
Never. Ever.

Your Foreman is wrong, plain wrong.
If thats an acceptable practise on your Firm, then someone is going to end up seriously hurt or worse.

Not that im making a fuss at all, lol.

hanging droppers off laps ?? someones taking the piss..

a take it you can never ever do that then jason

OF COURSE YOU CAN IF YOU HAVE AA GRADE SINGLE, NOT B GRADE SINGLE NOT AN A GRADE SINGL,E NOT A BA GRADE SINGLE BUT IF YOU USE A AA SINGLE COURSE:rolleyes::rolleyes:

NEVER USE SINGLES ON LEDGERS ONLY TO TIE TRANSOME
REPHRASE THAT 1 NEVER TIE LEDGERS TO STANDARD OR DROPPERS WITH SINGLES

if it is..... what the **** is the point.. its not even funny....

It not a wind up , droppers are hanging of doubles. clips used to connect ledgers to droppers at platform level with check underneath.
Was on site 2day again and spoke to foreman and said it needed to be changed, he still said it ok. I phoned the boss and explained the problem, told me to close the scaffold and fix it. Foreman not happy.

Top Bottom