Standard of work?

J

Jason-Gibbs

*Start Rant*

Hi guys.

Another day, another rant, lol.
Right then:

My attitude to Scaffolding is this:
Im a skilled and qualified worker and I WILL PUT UP JOBS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY, WEEK IN WEEK OUT.

End of story...

But, i always end up working with someone who insists on slashing jobs up, not measuring standards properly and just generally being a lazy c.unt. Its all: "Ah, that'll do!" or "F.uck it, its not my dads firm!" ---> NO IT WONT F.UCKING DO! - DO IT PROPERLY OR DONT DO IT AT ALL! :mad:

This pisses me right off, tbh.

Why do people put up shiit jobs and generally f.uck about?
This job really aint hard and even 'difficult' Scaffolds aint exactly brain surgery... Even on the easier sites, where your almost expected to toss-it-off, people STILL put shiit jobs up...

I dont get it.

Can someone, anyone explain this to me please?, because im stumped and i dont understand why some so-called 'Scaffolders' are so f.ucking useless, lol. :confused:

*End Rant*

Fecking hell you got Terry Cordon working with you , sorry to hear this mate :D

Got to admit Jason, done a couple of that'll do jobs in the past. You get your Friday jobs in every industry or we would never need a warranty with anything.;)

jason, this worked for me,

get yourself a squad and stick with them, it used to be 3 in a squad in the day, anyway,
you need one slasher, one run of the mill (me) then one complete and utter fanny to come round and sweep up after me and my mate had ragged them up,
don't expect everyone to to what you do, because everyone has their strengths and weakness'
that worked for me and i worked on the spanners with the same lads for 15 year,
ps and i earned a fukcing fortune, hahahahahahaha

And the good thing is you will never hear another word about it.;)

*Start Rant*

Hi guys.

Right then:

Im a skilled and qualified worker and I WILL PUT UP JOBS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY, WEEK IN WEEK OUT.

End of story...

But, i always end up working with someone who insists on slashing jobs up, not measuring standards properly and just generally being a lazy c.unt. Its all: "Ah, that'll do!" or "F.uck it, its not my dads firm!" ---> NO IT WONT F.UCKING DO! - DO IT PROPERLY OR DONT DO IT AT ALL! :mad:

This job really aint hard and even 'difficult' Scaffolds aint exactly brain surgery... Even on the easier sites, where your almost expected to toss-it-off, people STILL put shiit jobs up...

I dont get it.

Can someone, anyone explain this to me please?, because im stumped and i dont understand why some so-called 'Scaffolders' are so f.ucking useless, lol. :confused:

*End Rant*

can not remember working with u this week j :laugh::laugh:

you are only as good as your worse bloke on the firm mate p--s me off to mate.

Come work with me Jason please haha! Though the lack of correct, actually, any, gear... would do your organised head in.

Guess what I had to deal with Tuesday?

Flint can you go to job "x", they're complaining the scaffolds leaning.

My scaffold doesn't lean....how dare they.

I arrived on site to find the brick layers had taken EVERY SINGLE ledger brace out, and then over loaded it with blocks stacked 5' high (I counted stacks of 24, bearing in mind they're in pallets of 32!) and stacked on the inside of the scaffold... and were genuinely confused as to why the scaffold had started to lean into the building (timber frame)

I use one good fixer with myself , a good strong young gun to rope and chain gear up ( let him up every now and again to learn, and my 66 year old safety officer ( my dad to do all them niggley little toe boards ans stuff so the job is 100%) and we do very nicely thank you. and the young gun happens to be my youngest son 18.

Couldn't think of a better squad Phill.

*Start Rant*

Hi guys.

Right then:

End of story...

I dont get it.

*End Rant*

You build the job how it is, not who wants to be in charge or its not my dads firm or you cant see that from my house, we are trying to get respect in our industry and you will let there go on. if it doesnt look right its not.:evil:

I arrived on site to find the brick layers had taken EVERY SINGLE ledger brace out, and then over loaded it with blocks stacked 5' high (I counted stacks of 24, bearing in mind they're in pallets of 32!) and stacked on the inside of the scaffold... and were genuinely confused as to why the scaffold had started to lean into the building (timber frame)

Was that the Shilton rd site???

Was that the Shilton rd site???

No mate Duckers are on that, though rumour has it they've been booted off?!?!?!

This was a small site in Langford. 8 plots in a line opposite the site office, no excuse really the agent turned a blind eye to it.

Top Bottom