Staircase

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Anyone know whats the cheapest staircase on the market , i been quoted
£300 a rising meter for a " Haki" just want to know if there is a cheaper option ?

Not sure about the cost of them all Phil but Haki must be pretty close. Might be worth just hiring adjustable units to fit your existing stock of tube though. We use Genlock, which is as good as anything I have encountered but they seem to like the yellow jelly stairs for the sites.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Why do you need them?

We are getting more and more tenders which include them so will make sense to buy , one iam pricing now is 35 week hire so will make sense to buy , but they are a shocking price.

What are adjustable units AOM ?

I reckon the adjustable units are a good compromise, they are what they say on the tin, alloy adjustable stair units that will work with differing lift heights on a tube scaffold. I may have a picture of one we did on this computer, I will check it out and post it if I have it.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Found this.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

And this.

cherry picker wooden ladders 21ft didnt need a staircase then lol!!! then shorter wooden ladders!!! then metal ladders!!! were doing more staircase now as well phill!! were using the clip on gold alley stairs you use with doubles there pretty quick but not sure the price mate!!

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

weve used them ones aom but the client normally moans if you dont get the stair angle right but thats probably our mistake lol!!! think the alley clip ons with the double are the way forward

We got loads of them treads Dico but this staircase is nearly 70 foot high we would be forever erecting it in them treads.

They look good AOM where did you get them from and can you remember what sort of price they are ?

That was a few years ago Kev, we usually do it in system but this was a last minute request and they were paying extra so just took the simplest option at the time. I haven't seen the other type but you must have been using the wrong size units if you couldn't get the right angle, there is only about a 500mm of adjustment in each size if memory serves.

I reckon the adjustable units are a good compromise, they are what they say on the tin, alloy adjustable stair units that will work with differing lift heights on a tube scaffold. I may have a picture of one we did on this computer, I will check it out and post it if I have it.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Found this.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

And this.

Nice looking bit of scaffold AOM ;)

We got loads of them treads Dico but this staircase is nearly 70 foot high we would be forever erecting it in them treads.

They look good AOM where did you get them from and can you remember what sort of price they are ?

Generation but they all will have them and pretty pricey so we just hired them and passed the cost on. Sorry not to be more help but I reckoned they were pretty good and definitely cheaper than investing in system if you don't have to.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Nice looking bit of scaffold AOM ;)

It turned out a right good job, 2 hotels getting renovated. Grahams an Irish company, one of the few who I could honestly say are bang on and do what they say they are going to do, would work for them in a heartbeat.

70ft high you wash your mouth out we only go 30ft and thats on a birdgage keep your street work lol!!!

haha, nice one. You have been spoiled for far too long now Kev, now you know why we like the IW.;)

We sometimes use these as well phil...generations charge £10 per stair incl handrail per week the type 3 which adjust from 1.2-1.6m are around £700 to buy....stick wiv treddas m8

Top Bottom