stair treads

marra watson

Reaction score
ort lads, how do you get your stair treads level across the width yeah its easy enough getting them level across the lenght but as your rapping up the doubble they twist best way i found is finger tight the bolt give it 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn with spanner position stair tread out of level buy half a bubble and wrap it right up,thne its just off level and when you wrap the other side off it levels up, how do you get your level

I level them across the length , tighten the doubles , then batter the granny out them with a 5 foot tube to level them :D

Put the left double on the right way up and the right one on upside down (like a puncheon), level the tread while the fronts are finger tight then do the fronts up with spanner a quarter turn each til both sides are tight and it levels itself out.

That Sounds Like My Approach Phill, Beat The Crap Out Of Them.

If your stair treads are twisting the must be old and defective tell your boss to get some new ones

Level left to right with the fronts fingertight then nip the fronts. Level front to back and stamp it level do up the fronts and check the backs. The idea of 1 upsidedown makes sense.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Obviously do the backs up after levelling left to right.

there brand spankers steve not twisting causer there bent just as rapping doubble up sorta take the tread round with the gate if ya know what i mean.

Level left to right with the fronts fingertight then nip the fronts. Level front to back and stamp it level do up the fronts and check the backs. The idea of 1 upsidedown makes sense.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Obviously do the backs up after levelling left to right.

We used to use that on the ones with half swivels on to fasten to the stringers, one the right way and one upside down, always worked a treat!

Top Bottom