Stair Access

aom

Reaction score
I think I have seen something regarding this on the forum before but can't find it. We have been asked to price for a stair tower to a job we have already built and supplied ladder access for. They have ripped out the guts of the building and have only now realised they are no longer able to access the upper floors from inside the building. The job is varying heights so we had to divide the lift heights as best we could to hit the top lift which is only about 6 lifts at it's highest. The section of the job where the customer ideally wants the stair access fitted was kicked off using a 1m high dummy lift with 1.9m or thereby lifts following on.

Has anyone used the adjustable stair treads and would they suit for this particular application?

We always use the stair treads for projects like this m8 your not long putting them in once you get used to them..and you can access each lift whatever the spacings are.

Yes used them on a job in Huddersfield where the fire escape had been taken out and we built a temp one we used them as we had to bridge over a 16 ft entrance to a garage and the doors which the fire escape serviced were at lift heights varied between 1 - 2.2 metres and they worked sound good piece of kit if they've not been damaged as 2 of the staircases we got sent out had took a while to adjust but managed to bend the sides back in and worked ok after that

I don't suppose any of you have any pictures, I know it's a long shot but worth a go.

If your on Dog69 and have pictures put them up please.

He's out taking clients for the usual Christmas drink I'll ask him tomorrow and if he has im sure he'll put them on

Hi AOM,

We have several different sizes of the combisafe staircases, think this is what you mean?

The pretty much sort out their own level, have integral handrails.
Brilliant peice of kit, not cheap but if you have the applications for them could be a good investment. Staircase up in a matter of minutes.
Dont always need scaffolding to set them up on either.
We put some up a couple of months ago where the top was bolted straight to a concrete floor using an adapter.

i prefer the tube fit stairs,but rv is converting me to haki with his impressive photos.

Top Bottom