Spot the mistake

Dennis

Reaction score
Bracing, Irish style.

Who says you can only take out two lifts?

Attachments

• Tramore Church 1.jpg
    Tramore Church 1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 282
Looks a pukka job that dennis,cant tell by the picture if braces have been removed though:cool:

There is NO ledger bracing! Also no plan bracing. Face bracing is scant and not in accordance with TG20 either

Dunno did they scaffold wrong church?:nuts:

My mum allways said I was a mistake! :sad2:

nice pic dennis im in athy any work about ?? don,t think they every heard of tg20 over here lol

It was pre tg:20 but we did a slightly smaller version of that job using a design and there were no ledger braces in it at all. I don't know if it was the ties or the face brace or what but they weren't required. I know you are meant to follow the drawing but I put some in anyway, just habit I suppose.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Oh yeah, that face brace does look wa nk.;)

There is NO ledger bracing! Also no plan bracing. Face bracing is scant and not in accordance with TG20 either

Ledger bracing to alternate standards at every lift (I recall ducking under them enough), physical ties to alternate standards at alternate lifts; scaffold effectively box-tied around tower/steeple at every lift, with returns doubling as ties/braces in both directions at the end of each run at every lift, meaning that the actual face bracing would be more or less for decorative purposes only……………. the scaffold was a designed scaffold in any case so not strictly bound by TG20:08………

...............whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty???

Welcome to the forum sparkylnch, I did touch on the reasons as we have done similar but never seen brace installed like that before. As you say, if it was designed who are we to say.

Well I must be missing something the designer knows because to plumb the standards without them drifting without the use of ledger bracing must be a neat trick.

We do it all the time Dennis. There are loads of ways to plumb the standards without ledger bracing especially when you are boxing round a square like that.

We do it all the time Dennis. There are loads of ways to plumb the standards without ledger bracing especially when you are boxing round a square like that.

Agreed aom but it just does`nt look the part if you know what i mean

Well I must be missing something the designer knows because to plumb the standards without them drifting without the use of ledger bracing must be a neat trick.

not missing anything in this case dennis, as ledger bracing was installed throughout...........the sky-hooks were left in the office this time..........:)

I do know what you mean GM. We added ledger brace to a job that was designed to be without it because it just doesn't look the part but the truth is we would have been hung out to dry if anything happened. I still do the single bay sway brace because I think it does look the part but as designers are coming to the fore I have seen more and more funny looking jobs but as with everything else we will have to accept they are right.

Spot the Mistake???

Well the silver car in the bottom right hand corner has a flat tire... :laugh:

Top Bottom