some 1 left a topper in

marra watson

Reaction score
up on working on the gable and returning round to muck in with lads on the front some 1 had left a topper in on a pin 36ft lol on inside standard next to a wall of glass and on the other side a busy 1 way system managed to get the feker down after we walked it to a wall and slid it down on to cutterinf bracket all the way down. what a feking nightmare n if it was to go there would be no stopping it . any of you lads come a cross a topper left in

up on working on the gable and returning round to muck in with lads on the front some 1 had left a topper in on a pin 36ft lol on inside standard next to a wall of glass and on the other side a busy 1 way system managed to get the feker down after we walked it to a wall and slid it down on to cutterinf bracket all the way down. what a feking nightmare n if it was to go there would be no stopping it . any of you lads come a cross a topper left in

It's been a while but yes that's very familiar!! :eek:

WAS NO BASE LIFT IN. IF IT HAD OF BEEN ON THE OUT SIDE WULD OF JUST WALKED IT OUT ON TO ROAD AND LET GO WHEN THERE WAS NO TRAFFIC THE STEEL DOWN SPOUT WAS A LIFE SAVER FOR HIM, IT DID CROSS MY MIND TO GO UP ON SINGLES BUT 20FT WITH 16 TOPPER ON TOP WOULD OF PROBBLY COME DOWN LOL BUT LOKING AT A JOB OPPISITE IT 40FT LONG SHOULD OF BEEN 5 LIFT BUT WAS 3 BOTTOM 2 LIFTS TAKEN OUT AND NO TIES IN ONLY 1 WINDOW PINCH :nuts:

Went to finish stripping a tower to a gable chimney stack a few years ago that the gaffer had, had to leave to look at another job. Got there 4.5 lifts still to strip with a 16" topper on the inside standard left in about 13" from the lift. Main road to the right, conservatory to the left & the job was beamed over an as esbestos garage. Tied a 13" ladder to the leg closed my eyes & clenched me arse. :D:D:D

thats it we never even had a ladder seen the men for the boys when there was only two of us dropping it rest stood well back i quote me self when it got snagged..''whats thats that pin saying'' lucky never came loose of some 1 was gonna be speared

Top Bottom