Solar Panels

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Is it me, or are you all getting loads of enquiries for solar panel scaffolds

we have about 2 solar panel installation companies a day
ring up for a price, where the scaffolders let them down:laugh:
and they need it up in the next few days

Every one of these companies we check out due to the short time frame, and there credit rating is crap!

they want to give us the job, :idea:but we always ask for the money up front with poor credit rating firms, then never hear from them again:bigsmile:

so please, if you are going to price there work, please consider the risks of not getting paid:embarrest:

for about the last 6 months or so we have been putting up 4 or 5 jobs a week for a few different solar panel companys, always nice little jobs too, dont think any of them are slow paying tho thankfully.

Now everyone has insulation this is the new big thing thats being pushed

Over 60's get them free regardless of income or savings, that's what the fitter told me.

We get loads calling us. We do work for a couple who have proved good payers.
One of them still wants scaffolds rock bottom prices though, had to turn one away because he didnt like the price but you have to decide what its worth for you to do. If I can earn over a grand out of a gang in a day, why put them on a £500 job, simple really.

Also, we dont do any work for new customers without credit checking, if they come back crap, pay up front or no scaffold, simples!
I would recommend this to anyone. Its ok doing work for people but you want it to be paying work or whats the point.

We have done loads and (Fingers Crossed) not been knocked yet....We provided the scaffold for a company who have just installed the biggest Solar Array in South Yorkshire to date. However they (The Solar Panel Companies) are starting to filter away from us and on to the smaller should I say cheaper rivals who are not so consious about their work, so their market must be becoming cut throat as well.

We've also had a lot of interest in insurance from Solar Panel installers - it's now a trade we are very competitive on in light of the surge of enquiries and companies that are suddenly going down this business route. I hope it leads to more work for you guys!

Is it me, or are you all getting loads of enquiries for solar panel scaffolds

we have about 2 solar panel installation companies a day
ring up for a price, where the scaffolders let them down
and they need it up in the next few days

Every one of these companies we check out due to the short time frame, and there credit rating is crap!

they want to give us the job, :idea:but we always ask for the money up front with poor credit rating firms, then never hear from them again:bigsmile:

so please, if you are going to price there work, please consider the risks of not getting paid:embarrest:

Did our first Solar Panel job last week from one of our regular cutomers who have moved in to that field, then today the qs phones me says he's got 2 more for me, I put the phone down and then anouther firm rings me and ask's us to quote for a solar panel job. Looks like they are the next big thing.:huh:

We Have Been Busy As Feck With Solar Jobs (The Scottish Govt Give An 85% Grant Towards Instalation) Long May It Continue Cause Theres Jack All Else Just Now.

Common fact :-
Most solar firms will rip you off

I think with all this government grant stuff like, warmfront, cavity wall insulation etc, I think the firms wait something like 3 months to get paid, one of our customers is always late. I don't like it! but works work at the end of the day.

You must have had correct po numbers and not dealing with christopher :)

Yea, always insist on having PO numbers asap. We do have some issues with some planners but I tend to go over their heads and straight to the head of departments. No trouble with them for at least 18 months or more.
Keep asking us to do work in your neck of the woods but were too busy to travel that far despite good rates. Chris to be fair to him has been good as...sorting things out.

Yeh we used to do all your area for chris , james and several others at one stage was doing 40k a month in 500£ towers all over uk, half the time we would go to the jobs and our blokes would go up ladder and do the work
Did one in isle of wight charged them 1500£ for a 2 lift tower !
All good things come to an end when some bird decided that we had to be nasc approved - non starter !

Last i heard they was trying to do a national deal with dsl

We are on the approved list again , give us a heads up if anything comes about - lost touch

Top Bottom