solar panels

steve198622

Reaction score
alrite lads, anyone on here done any work for sundog energy, there a solar panel outfit, we do most of there work travelled as far as london t glasgow with them but as the tariff gettin cut off they usin other firms, just wonderin if u had any problems with them. we done a job in nottingham n brace was stickin out a couple inch near ladder. got a fone call t go move it lol pis$ take or what!!

Must have been paying you well to work as far apart as London and Glasgow if so you should adhere to their request

You should have asked the lads on here,i'm sure someone would've sorted it for a bit of petrol and a drink,these solar firms have popped up everywhere recently,and a lot of them will disapear just as quickly,so be carefull your money does'nt go with them;)

That does surprise me Steve, London to Glasgow for Solar work, especially as my experience with this type of work is not great. I mentioned on another thread I noticed a big London firm round my way doing over head lines and I thought even that was strange but I guess a contract like that would probably dictate you would not be allowed to sub out but there is usually ways round anything. That's why I never cut my price when threatened with cheaper prices from outside companies, service. The few that I have lost have always resulted in a phone call requesting I send a squad to snag the job, they usually get very upset when I refuse.

That been said, I have never heard of the particular firm but they should maybe have a rep there to sign the job off as you complete it to try and stop that happening in the future. Not easy I know, as we had similar problems with a National window supplier and eventually fell out with them.

this is a local company to us, but a solar panel set on fire a few years back and these got the contract from bp solar to do there work.. they been goin 15 years like n doin the work on kings cross station. tey always pay on time, but cos some of there lads been on inspection course they think they no everythin n call us bck for silly little things....

Another bi-product of these daft courses. Can you not get it signed off before the boy's leave and then charge for any alterations required after that. Still not perfect but at least you would get paid.

our fuel bill has gone up by about 75% all the running about we have been doing i have been billing a make sure we get paid each week its been good but how many firms will start to lay blokes off when they cut the rate on the 12th, know a firm who took on a extra 20, blokes just for this work, i spoke with 1 of the companys we do work for and he said the price of the panels will come down on the 12th and they will have to drop there prices a bit as long as they do not think i am droping my prices lol

Aye, because you can be damn sure they won't be cutting theirs.

yea they did cos they signed to say job was fine, they a good company to get work off like, just always get ya bck for little things, no matter how far away u r from job!

Pain in the erse I know Steve but if you are getting paid for wee stupid alterations like that you usually find they soon stop when the man paying the bill's click's on to what's happening. Probably everyone has similar stories and I have a similar thing happening at the moment on a couple of sites, I keep banging in the invoices for additional work done as requested but so the guy's that need to know are informed as soon as possible but whether we get paid for all of it is another matter.

Top Bottom