Snowed off....

James..Redcar

Reaction score
At the start of the week i got a txt from work saying "stood down" I 've only managed to get Tues and Wed nailed this week..The terminology for telling me i'm not at work has changed, like i said Monday i was "STOOD DOWN" , THURS/FRI I was told I was temporarily "LAID OFF" I've already been told I will get 5hrs for Monday and looks like nowt for Thurs/Fri... Although I'm glad to still be gamefully employed i wish this snow would just fook off so I can get a full week in. 21hrs a week is not much cop...

We have 2 and a half days this week. Shut down Thursday and Friday.

Just hoping the snow and ice will melt over the weekend.

They have started to forecast a bit of rain here now which could either make us or break us, the rain could clear the snow a bit but if it freezes again afterwards we've had it.

Looks like its prayer matts out for me... bit of heavy sunshine, followed by more heavy sunshine would be nice...

I don't believe this, snow is falling like confetti here once again. I'm glad I didn't send anyone out in that today. Just when we were starting to think the end is nigh as well. Also, another weekend without football as every game in the league has been called off and worse than that the golf course will be covered in snow as well. What the hell is a guy to do at the weekend.....talk to her.....aye that will be shining bright.:(

on the virgin voyager elgy,feck the job no work to monday he said a just said make my cards up mate,off to bonny scotland for a session.

on the virgin voyager elgy,feck the job no work to monday he said a just said make my cards up mate,off to bonny scotland for a session.

Beuty, enjoy your self back in the old home country. I hope you like skiing though as that's all that's on offer everything else is shut. I think you have the right idea feck the job, the boy's are freezing their backsides off trying to service fittings or so they tell me, I think I'll give it to mid day and head home to the fire. Don't get too blootered on the train as they will struggle to understand you back home as it is without slurring your words as well.:eek:

lol spoke like a true veteran of the 11am tuesday scotrail service from aberdeen to glasgow,aka the caberate train.goodwork fella halfshift them mate.

lol spoke like a true veteran of the 11am tuesday scotrail service from aberdeen to glasgow,aka the caberate train.goodwork fella halfshift them mate.

Aye, always found the Glasgow to Aberdeen train very quiet but the other way was as you say a bit more lively.:eek:

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I don't believe it this is getting worse and worse. I reckon it's as bad now as it's ever been. Where exactly are you celticbhoy, I hope you are well up the country as it's bad here pal and looks like it's getting worse.

Don't get stuck on the train overnight.....there's been a few stuck overnight darn sarf..

I saw that on the news, total nightmare.

if the trains well stocked then ie beer,lager,heavy then an overnighter on the choo choo is a doodle mate.

i dont think Celticbhoy will be in a rush back so an overnight or two wont seem to bother him i dont think as long as hes at home for Christmas....haha

Top Bottom