snow and bad weather

dico

Reaction score
does any body get payed for being snowed in last year capes payed 8 hrs as
long as you tried to make the effort to get in is this a one off or do other firms do this.

at my old firm, it took me 1 3/4 to do a 20 minute drive, got there we got in the wagon and this was really bad snow then drove 10 mins from my house to do a job on a factory tin roof! Factory manager called it off we drove back to yard and went home, i was with the manager on this one, he told me to go home i got home about 11am and started at around 6am and i got paid till 10.30 as i cant afford to pay you as nothing got done!

And thats why i love a good boss ! hah ha!

no good when youve made the effort and tried thats the problem with snow it always comes after xmas when every ones skint.

we got paid half day on some days..to be fair as a small firm i didnt feel inclined to push it i think he was fair

i more questiond that when i did get in and work it was some of the most dangerous conditions i have worked in for slipping

i now wonder why i risked it .... money i expect

If there is snow on the ground in the morning, I am back in the pit till 9am

take another look and see if the traffic is moving or not, If still bad
Breakfast, catch up with paper work, then round the pub and bookies

I have never been paid for trying to get to work,

I have been self employed or running my own business for the past 30 years so have a lot less problem taking days off than the lads working for companies

If you go to work and its snowing, do you really expect to achieve anything?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

I know, lets base out on top of a snow drift ! It will be OK as long as it stays cold.

i love working in the snow,but get pist off when boss calls it early,then docs money.i always thought if the boss calls it,then he pays you for the day.havent times changed.

i dont go in when it snows because you can bet the guy you are ment to be working with aint making it in and you wont get paid. say at home full breakfast and pub early doors

We are had in to paint fittings in the shed if it is snowing. We got a parrafin space heater thing and just do a half day. At least that way we get paid. Always gotta do something.

If there is snow on the ground in the morning, I am back in the pit till 9am

take another look and see if the traffic is moving or not, If still bad
Breakfast, catch up with paper work, then round the pub and bookies

I have never been paid for trying to get to work,

I have been self employed or running my own business for the past 30 years so have a lot less problem taking days off than the lads working for companies

now thats what you call a jack dee answer rigger lol.

I know for a fact, if this year is as bad as our last snowfall, we will be Temporary laid off. Cabinned up for a week then sign on.:sad:

i took a lorry out a few years ago and crash the FU***** thing in the snow , cost me a fortune , now i just turn over and go back to sleep , i phone the lads before they leave there houses and snow them of , makes me laugh first sign of rain and its "are we raining of" snow comes and its "i cant afford a day of" WHY would you want to work in snow ?

Think Im gonna buy a load of grit in advance this year. Do a bit of gritting could be a money spinner.

Top Bottom