Small hoists

crazynutta

Reaction score
Just a quick one!!

On a general scaffold I.e house front, would I need a design if the client wants us to fit a hoist, only one of the 250kg ones that clip to the standards.

Scaffold is all hilti tied as should be.

Thanks

Tell him to tie it to the house then.

SG26:05 covers hoists, but that's more to do with scaffolders using hoists.SG9:08 covers lifting equipment so if you follow the guidance for fitting a gin wheel they have a maximum swl of 50kg but are tested to 250kg I think. You have to tie in below the boarded lift and you should be ok. Most come with fitting instructions anyway s

Just a quick one!!

On a general scaffold I.e house front, would I need a design if the client wants us to fit a hoist, only one of the 250kg ones that clip to the standards.

Thanks

Sorry crazynutter, I never read your post right and thought you were on about the larger goods hoist. The guidance says you MAY need to strengthen the area your type of hoist is fitted to, so in short, you don't need a design but you are meant to ensure there are no joints in the standard and the tie duty is increased.

Just a quick one!!

Thanks

A barrow Hoist:)

Top Bottom