Site agent reckons he's just as qualified as me to inspect a scaffold.

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
As I hold an advanced ticket plus advanced inspection and he has an advanced inspection he reckons he can go out on a 1 board less than a working lift with a single guardrail to inspect the scaffold. Now I know this isn't true but I have no idea where I would find this information without reading whatever TG it is in. Can someone point me in the right direction please and tell me which guidance it is in?
Cheers

It's called a "Scaffolder's Safe Zone" not a "Site Manager Safe Zone" tell him to do one.
Have you got a drawing for a timber frame loading tower with beam for ledger VLLB?

And it's fully boarded unless hooking on to the ledger, has he a harness and is he trained in it's use?

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Creating a “safe zone” : A fully boarded and correctly supported platform without gaps where someone could fall; and A single main guardrail (950mm above the platform) where there is a risk of a fall Collective fall prevention Unprotected Traversing (tunnelling) no longer permitted. Safe Zone will not completely remove the hazards:

I am on my advanced inspection next month. I will print this out and take with me and get you a definitive answer. Any other question that need asking post on this thread.

Baz

He's winding you up, or least he should be. Call his bluff, see what he does. I'd love the HSE to turn up.

Leave a couple of traps in the boards, then send him up. He'll be back down quick enough..

This is everything that is bad about this stupid fcuking qualification...scaffolding should be done by scaffolders...saftey inspection by either hse or citb accretited inspectors. In all my years ive never had or would allow a untrained person to access a non working lift, no matter how much they huff & puff there chest out.reguardless of the insurance nightmare just piont him in tje directionv of the WAH regs or his own CDM regs

It's called a "Scaffolder's Safe Zone" not a "Site Manager Safe Zone" tell him to do one.
Have you got a drawing for a timber frame loading tower with beam for ledger VLLB?

Scaffolders safe zone, or tunnelling is no longer allowed now in sg4-10,

Only a trained and competent person such as a scaffolder with the correct fall arrest equipment is allowed on an incomplete scaffold.

I know I wd but the advanced scaffolder I was working with today did not level his plan bracing in....& when I said his needs to level it in he that wd do..ur options pls

I know I wd but the advanced scaffolder I was working with today did not level his plan bracing in....& when I said his needs to level it in he that wd do..ur options pls

I would only ever say 'that'll do' if you physically couldn't level it due to other obstructions being in the way.

Scaffolders safe zone, or tunnelling is no longer allowed now in sg4-10,

Only a trained and competent person such as a scaffolder with the correct fall arrest equipment is allowed on an incomplete scaffold.

Take your time and read it first and then you'll understand what you have missed out.

Take your time and read it first and then you'll understand what you have missed out.

Yeah,it's 1 board out for Scaff to hook on.so it still incomplete. Really site agent or anyone for that matter isn't allowed on to the scaffold till its handed over by the Scaff/company

without proof I can say he can as long as he doesn,t go below the handrail or poke his neck out of scaffold he can, SG4 10 is proberly his back up make sure he signs your RAMS and give him a pointless half a day induction oh if he signs your RAMS its your rules make him wear a childs harness

It's all hypothetical though. He insisted he could inspect the scaffold and I said what if there was 1 board out and single guardrail? Yep I can inspect that. NO YOU CAN'T MATE, yes I can. It went like this for 5 minutes then i said I'm not arguing with an idiot and i would bring literature next time I give him a site visit to make him look a fool.

It's handed over but I was talking about an intermediate lift.

Top Bottom