Single rap on this row of sheets, massive leak and had to use expanding foam to solve

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Single rap on this row of sheets, massive leak and had to use expanding foam to solve the problem.Maidstone, England

Single rap on this row of sheets, massive leak and had to use expanding foam to solve the proble.jpg

Looking at that,its a wonder its not laying on the ground.

I was trying to be polite old scaff , TEE might have been a bit embarrassed about his work :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Didn't use his laser level:wondering:
see they are cathing on, you may scoff HS but my lazer level paid dividends inside today doing a big birdcage.
Can anyone remember doing roofs with a punch and J Bolts. That was safe !!! crawling along heavy unit beams and pushing up j bolts what a load of crap that was. Then there were those awfull "trombone " things in the mid 80's more crap.Temp roofs realy are a ballache fullstop .

Last edited:
see they are cathing on, you may scoff HS but my lazer level paid dividends inside today doing a big birdcage.
Can anyone remember doing roofs with a punch and J Bolts. That was safe !!! crawling along heavy unit beams and pushing up j bolts what a load of crap that was. Then there were those awful "trombone " things in the mid 80's more crap.Temp roofs realy are a ballche fullstop .

+1.

I can remember the j bolts. We used to use a drill though. Had many a bit of hot metal fall on me when I was underneath on the beams. Another danger was holding on to the purlin and having some clumsy big footed oaf on top stand on the sheet above your hand and crush it. Good fun temp roofs god i miss them.
Is this laser level your talking about the proper one we used on form work jobs? Built a whole shopping centre 3 metres too high once as we miscalculated sea level.

I can remember the j bolts. We used to use a drill though. Had many a bit of hot metal fall on me when I was underneath on the beams. Another danger was holding on to the purlin and having some clumsy big footed oaf on top stand on the sheet above your hand and crush it. Good fun temp roofs god i miss them.
Is this laser level your talking about the proper one we used on form work jobs? Built a whole shopping centre 3 metres too high once as we miscalculated sea level.
No its a cheapo one from Homebase for £39, but its fine for our needs, we spent most of the day trying to shine it into the labourers eyes, as we had told him it would "burn his retinas out" in less than 10 seconds.

You could have simply advertised that extra high shopping centre for tall people, and fat people, you could have called it the "Jackamo" centre. There's always way around things with a bit of cunning bullsh*t.

Can anyone remember doing roofs with a punch and J Bolts. That was safe !!! crawling along heavy unit beams and pushing up j bolts what a load of crap that was. Then there were those awfull "trombone " things in the mid 80's more crap.Temp roofs realy are a ballache fullstop .

agree with the j bolts and roof's being a ballache in the 80's 90's but since haki and ubix. i think they are now a pleasure, they have a safe method of erecting and look the business ;)

Strangely enough all the floor levels were the correct height just the whole building was 3 metres higher than it should have been.

How does this cheapo laser level work? Does it beep when the level is correct or just shine a light? It must be useful on those dark winter evenings?
I was only thinking just now about"how those long winter nights are simply flying by now I have my lazer level"
It shines a red cross so you can plumb up standards with it as well as marking the tubes.

Top Bottom