Simian risk!!!!

marra watson

Reaction score
lol just like to thank you for the head acke i have had today and will to tomorrow lol yan of ya lads has ripped the job apart, put up by the advanced scaff whos the only scaff in the companie that can scaffold :D
to be honest the things about 4 pages long with faults and is costing the gaffer a fortune so may this will make them reilse to do it propperly next time but whos left with the bad head sorting it out me and another scaff list is endless ladders lapped board ties (timber framed ) sold pads bay sizes doubbles on return handrails brick guard inisde boards the other insides boards just a knocked up job nothign rong with it really but will maby make the gaffer and the gob sh1te think how to put it up right rather than the fastest cheers maby take a hit to the poket for them to think tidy it up rather than knock it up simian its just a night mare to sort out but cheers ;)

Why did the gaffer not get the superscaff back to sort it, the only way to get him to realise the required standard.

I was once asked by a TV company to inspect a job to allow a camera man to use a scaffold for one of these building programs. I told them it would need to be mint before I would put my name to it. It was a complete bag of knitting and the fault list was huge, but that's what you have to do when you are an external inspector, it really has to be good to get passed. I think the even the HSE would be slightly more leniant for small defects as they are better at using a bit of common sense.

Why did the gaffer not get the superscaff back to sort it, the only way to get him to realise the required standard.

I was once asked by a TV company to inspect a job to allow a camera man to use a scaffold for one of these building programs. I told them it would need to be mint before I would put my name to it. It was a complete bag of knitting and the fault list was huge, but that's what you have to do when you are an external inspector, it really has to be good to get passed. I think the even the HSE would be slightly more leniant for small defects as they are better at using a bit of common sense.

he was there yesterday afternoon for a while untill ha gave every 1 there orders and then feked off lol i he wont go any were near it left for us foot soldiers to sort out while he goes and makes a mess of something eles lol he just runs around like a head less chicken when a job gets flooded and tries to look busy and it was all him that done everything :laugh:

I hope thats reflected in his wage packet.

Maybe why the gaffer got Simian on board in the first place, get the quality up. Could be a good thing.

lol just like to thank you for the head acke i have had today and will to tomorrow lol yan of ya lads has ripped the job apart, put up by the advanced scaff whos the only scaff in the companie that can scaffold :D

I learned an important lesson which you obviously just have too, "The ticket does not make the man". Unlucky marra having to clear up someone elses mess :huh:

Sounds to me as though the inspector did his job correctly. Simian employ some very good experts who have a full scaffolding background and know what they are looking for.

somebodys got to say this .there is no way you can keep every job perfect and to the book .if all scaffolds were erected to this standard we would be sacked within a week for not doing enough . of course simian ripped the job to bits its there job . any one could go back to a job they had erected themselves and pick faults. its not going to happen every time

somebodys got to say this .there is no way you can keep every job perfect and to the book .if all scaffolds were erected to this standard we would be sacked within a week for not doing enough . of course simian ripped the job to bits its there job . any one could go back to a job they had erected themselves and pick faults. its not going to happen every time

I agree mate, think Marras on about the scale of faults they picked up. As has been said, there's sins and then there's sins......

its a night mare most of the things have been placed in to the incpection as its been used by the other trades so board off left right and center it a timber framed so we left out bottom hand rail in base life ~(3ft ) sp to get plaster board bathrooms in but they now been told to use the loading bay and cart boards threw the ledger brace, like a said most was about boards but thing like sole pads split chance are they wernt split when they whent down, 2 doubble to a dead man few of the ladders were about 100mm short less than the recomended 1.05 m to be honest his pritty much got it boxed of the inspector but i seen 2 maby 3 things his missed am i gonna tell him no lol ddint get fin till 8 sorting it all out lol hope fully its all good lol

I totally agree with that Alan and think the more experienced can easily spot any minor compromise we sometimes have to make.

I've never found Simian to be too bad, they're usually ok, one of our guys didn't put ties in a three lift job so I guess they had to pull that one!!!!! Ha ha

we just got audited and the only thing we got pulled on was the handrail was at a metre so the brickgaurds didnt reach the toeboard,i was fooking amazed that was all

I resent putting in guardrails in at under 1m, doesn't feel quite tall enough for me. But we have the same thing, go a little too high and the brickguards don't quite fit :sad:

Simian pull every job to pieces.

I know a couple of their inspectors and although it can be frustrating sometimes, you cannot argue if something doesn't conform to the applicable standard or law.

Both the fellas I know are ex scaffolders and extremely knowledgeable on their industry.

There's no point having a safety audit if you cannot accept responsibility for what you have built, or how you are building it.

Only a fool would carry out a safety audit and not report their findings to the letter of the law.

Top Bottom