Signing a scaff tag

E

essex

I'm a advanced scaffolder and my current employer has asked me to sign the scaff tags on site and to do a weekly check aswell.

I'm a allowed to do the weekly check, I haven't got my inspectors card yet, booked up this for July 2012.

Any info please

Thanks

1, get him to check them with you sign and date and time

2, you are advanced scaffolder so your ok

3 get him to do the weekly check with you and you both sign the f91 date and time.

he is the user so he should check them aswell

Last edited:
Thanks Teesside but I mean is there any point in me doing a inspection ticket if by law and under the new regulations in still allowed to initially sign a tag and do weekly inspections?

But from 2012 when you come to renew your advanced card

you will need to completed the inspection cousre to inspect.

I would asked ian

most agents are asking for inspection cards and the nasc are pushing for this

so i would say yes

Well i need to renew my advance this year,and this is the first i've heard,does this just apply to the advance?or does it affect the gold supervisers as well?:confused:

try looking at this really informative

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-JOwQo3tg]Scaffold handover certificates and scaffold inspections from the NASC - Toolbox Talk - YouTube[/ame]

Good video but man, should've read bed time stories for a living was putting me to sleep with his voice.... zzzzzz........

i just dont understand the mentality of it gezzer, there it was in black and white and its nasc recomendations, the same nasc recomendations that these pricks use to make our workload xrtra,so u got em bang to rites y not get a copy of this sg thingy highlight it and show it to em.
takes a 2 day cousre to be an inspector but a minimum of 2 years to get a A ticket - common sence really

I agree, i have advance card, gold supervisors card, advance inspection card, why can't they put them all on 1 card ! simples.

Yer true, but thats 3 tests i gotta do know, money grabbers!

Essex, as I have said you are perfectly legally entitled to carry out these inspections and sign the tag without any additional bolt on inspection ticket. All site agents have the prerogative of making their own rules up as they go along, but there is no legal requirement to have it.

Top Bottom