shutdowns??

benjo0211

Reaction score
Do you need any particular qualifications/tickets to get on shutdowns and who are the leading firms that get them any info would be much appreciated thanks

I believe that you would need a CCNSG Safety Passport for Shutdown work.

Can't say I do, I'll just hope the gaffers got a daughter and go that root ha

A friend on the inside first & safety passport second are the major requirements. Some stations won't let you through the gate without your passport other work on a 75% of the workforce as a requirement, but.
You need to be getting intouch with firms like capes, c&d group, deborahs, Interserve, harscos and such but without a mate at the gate your usually pissin in the wind mate.

Do you need any particular qualifications/tickets to get on shutdowns and who are the leading firms that get them any info would be much appreciated thanks

most particular qualifications that arnte mentioned normally are the 7 days a week 10 to 12 hours when your working!! and all your mates and friends are enjoying there weekend in the pub they might not have the grand a week in there pocket but there enjoying life fook the outages :laugh:

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention you need to be prepared to work 13 on 1 off. 10 minute break in the morning & 30 mins for dinner on a 10 hour shift. Working bell to bell with the H&S boys constantly looking to catch you out & make an example of you.
But then again if your not daft with your money & you get a long enough run, come November/December time when all your mates are freezing their knackerz off you can be at home all warm & toasty if you want.
It can be hard work at times but I take it over street work any day.

Top Bottom