Shrink Wrap installation (ProTect)

sca pro-tect

Reaction score
Guys,

Seen a fair bit of chatter about shrink wrap recently and how much of a
direct replacement for Tin roof sheeting and typical side sheeting it could be..

We (ProTect) have been doing it for 8 years and promoting the uses and we are one of the main installers and have found once used nobody really goes back as a rule as it removes the head aches which you all know that comes with solid roofs and flappy side sheeting which in London is becoming more and more of a no-no due to image it gives out...

Happy to chat to anybody if anyone has questions as we have also developed improved scaffold erection plans to help reduce work required for the sheeting and give everyone an easy understanding, careful when considering as material needs to be fire retardant like ours and stamped with approval if not then you may as well cover your building in fire lighters:eek:!

We have guys nationwide so can get to most places in Europe and fairly flexible to help out..

sca-protect.co.uk also looking for Shrink wrappers at times so drop me a line :)

Cheers

Scott

Ive never used it... seen it a few times.
They used it over Blackfriars Bridge on the hangers over the road and river.

Someone told me, they seal it round a scaffold by using heated air, which is then sucked back out to 'melt' the wrapping to the scaffold.
Ive never seen that though, tbh.

Ive been told its a ****** to get off afterwards though, lol.
But it does look smart, when its all done. :)

Its tricky to learn but our material requires the heat to shrink the material tight which then naturally seals around the scaffold, the Blackfriers is our job and is ongoing really and when finished with it just peels off after being cut with a knife..

We will even recycle it after use.. For a good job requires a good hand however :)

We have done 3 roofs last year with it Scott , but to be honest they did have their problems , what sort of training is there available and is it worth the cost ?

Did you do yourself or somebody install for you? Many have tried to adapt their skills from different industries and struggled a little..

I would say if you want a high class finish then years of practise like some of our guys have but generally we don't have reoccuring issues as long as its fitted properly..
Training would be worth while in my oppinion but same as anything really, if you have a good experiance its great - if you had a bad one then normally you avoid so we do manage closely as conditions can effect this.

It is popping up far more now though and when fitted correctly looks great no more flappy sheeting.

Cheers

I installed it my self , in all honesty the 3rd roof didnt come out to bad but i found
i kept burning holes to begin with then found it better to heat from the top side , getting of the roof was a mission in it self lol , so next time i will erect a 3 board canterlever at the bottom of the roof about waist high to the roof, it does seem to be a learning curve i think maybe i will go on a course before the next roof :embarrest:

Haha, that shut him up. Only kidding, but when you say nation wide coverage, is that really nation wide?

:) Yep we go all over Europe so the U.K is easy enough for us with a little bit of notice..

easy peesey lads no course required after 1 job your sorted nothing are fello poles cauldnt pick up .

I know your right Ken, just not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle. Might be a bit embarrassing impressing the client with your professionalism on the guns only to look like a total diddy (pardon the pun) when it turns to Swiss cheese.

mine looks like swiss cheese every time i tried , and i got no intention of practising , leave it to the sheeters

When i first started my boss used to say if you through up a potato it would come down as chips>>>>>:nuts::nuts:

Top Bottom