should scaffolders do refreshers courses ??

carl99

Reaction score
I have seen some poor scaffolds up & down the country, building sites and house back & fronts from different size companys, my question is should scaffolders attend refresher courses every so many years ?

I would say they are coming in the not too distant future, however the poor jobs you see will still be there.

No what they should do is make it harder for people to become Scaffolders. When i was up on my part 2 their was kiddys up there who had only been scaffolding 6 months, ridiculous. My 1st boss wouldn't send any1 on there part 1 until they had been scaffolding 5 years probably the only thing he did that made sense.

if they can get more money out of us then they will.
as the damp squib:eek:just mentioned the sh£t jobs will continue as the saying goes pay peanuts get monkeys,another question is it scaffolders that are building all of these messes

Slasher's do not attend any fecking course:mad:

About time they made Monday Training day,and really rammed it up the scaffs.

The problem is that a lot of H&S practitioners do not know the difference between SCAFFOLD and SCAFFOLDERS

If there is a fault with a scaffold , then a scaffolder must be to blame , not the ars*hole with a spanner in his back pocket,and feck all between his ear's

Nobody else would erect, alter, or modify a scaffold but a scaffolder, would they ???:mad:

your right, even competent scaffolders put poor scaffolds up,

I wouldn't blame the scaffs but more human nature. It might just be me but unless I'm on the ball the quality can go down in both finished product and working practises and I don't mean that as a slight in anyway to the boys working with me, I would probably refuse the step myself if I was working for someone else.

Top Bottom