Servicing fittings

guymac

Reaction score
I expect it's been asked before but what's the favourite .? Oil diesel grease etc ,
Thanks in advance .

depends if there standing long greese but its a *******. i use scaffeze 55 quid for 25 litres on ebay and does the trick

red diesel and paraffin - proper mess

JUST DEISEL .......GIVES ME THE WORST MIGRAIN YOU CAN IMAGINE work for a frim and we pained greas on to every fitting he wasnt as scaff he just used scaffs for his chipping poff and plastering work amongst about 1,000 other sector he had his fingers in so we got away with murder lol. and desel dont to weel in the washing machine our lass goes nuts lol

What ever we can nick from site , shuttering oil , cement retarder ,the bird in the canteens cooking oil , swarfega , sun cream all good gear :D

cliplube for us through pump up air guns - works a treat and keeps onthe fittings for ages

Get a cement mixer throw some diesel in then throw the fittings in , start the mixer and they will be turning a treat , don`t throw your fag ends in or eyebrows will be history .

just buy new bolts my friend,if you buy in the thousands you buy very very cheap....

just buy new bolts my friend,if you buy in the thousands you buy very very cheap....

takes longer to get the nut off the bolt than it does to service them lol but i like the way you think in fact lets just melt the ***** down save us a job lol. how do ppl service them sene people wind them right up and down then dip then just dip and throw them etc??????

What you need is a oxy/Acetylene cutting torch,

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I use to clear all the debris off the bolt with a wire brush,(bolt caught in vice or double done up on a upright tube) then a squirt of wd 40,then get a compressed air ratchet at it, afterwards apply some engine oil hydraulic oil even better not expensive stuff, just dab it into the threads, or buy new bolts

We used to do all that with the wire brush but soon learned they rust like feck when you scrub the coating off them so now they are soaked in scaffeze for a while but as some have mentioned whilst it works a treat it does dry up quickly so then we paint just engine oil into them and leave to soak. Works well and can last for up to a year but more than likely 6 months.

I know I'm old fashioned but I would far rather service a fitting now and again than work with those things.

Sounds a bit like system, that's how we done a few hangers off shore.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The IW's sort out the twirling the spanner thing.

Top Bottom