Servicing Fittings

copperknackers

Reaction score
Alright chaps, does anyone have any recommendations for servicing agents for fittings. Trying to be all environmentally conscience and that need to be something with cosh certificates, before anyone suggests any old wifes tales, or diesel/ used engine oil!! Tried a couple of products that are on the market at the moment but one of them is MEGA expensive and the other one makes everything as slippery as F**k when it's raining! Any suggestions chaps will be appreciated.

red diesel and oil mixed together or cooking oil painted on the threads seems to be a popular chouce down here ......... yuk

We use scaffeze because it's supposed to be eco friendly,but it is exspensive and does'nt last long:cry:

we use a form of liquid WD40, its not exactly WD40 but our local agent who we get it off says thats the best way to describe it, its about 3 or 4 quid for a bottle about same size you get oil for your car in, possibly 5 litre.

Brickies mixer (nicked from site preferably)

Red diesel for deep cleaning, not too much mind

sump oil for a lasting coat of preservative

leave to drain for a week, perfick

Also helps with health and safety as the boys all wear thier gloves :cool:

If you listen to the sh*te Camerons poodle is spouting this week this is the way to go :D

:cheesy: yep. red diesel always. dont need nothing more. just dip them nuts.
ooooohh matron!

I think you can use whatever you like so long as all spillages , run offs etc etc are properly contained.

Example : create a special fitting servicing area by creating a bund around the whole area, ideally up a height slightly so a drain hole can be used to collect all excess fluids that drain off the fittings, this then can either be re-used or collected by a professional waste oil contractor .

we have used cooking oil put found it is to thick and do not last to long we use scaff ease put its about £45, for 25 litres

I think you can use whatever you like so long as all spillages , run offs etc etc are properly contained.

Example : create a special fitting servicing area by creating a bund around the whole area, ideally up a height slightly so a drain hole can be used to collect all excess fluids that drain off the fittings, this then can either be re-used or collected by a professional waste oil contractor .

well said Super an enviromentalist after me own Heart...... (were not quite tree huggers yet????), duty of care and all that...... waste transfer & consignmet notes etc.........

If you want the Nebosh Environment notes & litriture give me a shout:idea:

saying that I dont think you would need it with your environment awareness:p;) Resposible employer, invester in people & the Environment.....

Top Bottom