Sending off CV's

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
I get sent the odd CV now and again.
What I can't understand is why people state categorically that they are an advanced scaffolder when their qualifications quite clearly show they are a basic.
I have even had one sent to me that had 10 lines of Latin in it. I have learnt to skim over the crap but makes me wonder what these HR girls think when they read them.

It would be a chuckle or two fred I mean if I had a cv that explained/expressed my knowledge of scaffolding unfortunatly it WOULD be the greatest story ever told mate ;)

I get sent the odd CV now and again.
What I can't understand is why people state categorically that they are an advanced scaffolder when their qualifications quite clearly show they are a basic.
I have even had one sent to me that had 10 lines of Latin in it. I have learnt to skim over the crap but makes me wonder what these HR girls think when they read them.

Dont think hr girls do read them mate to be honest.

It does make you laugh what people put on the cv,s but its normally the chancers that end up with the decent jobs.

It would be a chuckle or two fred I mean if I had a cv that explained/expressed my knowledge of scaffolding unfortunatly it WOULD be the greatest story ever told mate ;)

What would it consist of pal.....my name is bobby blow out and i can use a hammer...lol
Then again pal mine would read......my name is den and im an advanced stalker...:laugh:

most jobs in the scaffolding sector are who you no and what references your mates or friends tell the employer fair enough jobs abroad or when theres 50 scaffolders chasing a job but most are word of mouth as for advanced and basic what about the 10,000 ecitb advanced scaffolders that had to start from scratch ive gone from advanced to trainee then part 2 I will never ever do a advanced course as its all bolloc!s but don't mean I cant do advanced work like ive said and many others tickets don't make scaffolders just they buy the jobs rant over happy thursdays

And why do they blow themselves up like dolls with all the hot air of near impossible jobs that couldn't be done until the boss phones up and says can you get me out of the shyte and why have they always been in charge scaffolding for 10 years but the ticket says different and they always give you their mates no for a reference

Nope havnt contributed to ur thread about mac or ur one about training providers ;) or ur one about handbags at liverpool st lol

think golds the new colour of 2014 if you have gold your beter than everybody lol!!!! does that mean as ive got a big coc! ive got to have it sprayed gold lol!!

Still Outraged!!! You better find them and post something about a scaff meet up.

Don't have to ill get den to ring yer a few thousand times about it.

think golds the new colour of 2014 if you have gold your beter than everybody lol!!!! does that mean as ive got a big coc! ive got to have it sprayed gold lol!!

Thought having a gold card compensates having a small one kev the same way the supervisors smsts card compensates for having no balls ;)

Try telling that to Dave Mosley and his mates from the training schools!!

Yes I don't agree with it but its the way it is and tickets make prizes imo

The training centers wont listen fred, cos we both know there attendance records will fall and that means they wont be getting the money and then the centre will close ( unlucky ).
I just think its wrong how all the ecitb boys have been treated, all the years scaffolding and then have to start from the bottom snd work their way up and you get these kids only just out of nappies with advanced cards its a fecking disgrace to the industry.

Top Bottom